ITT: THESE SCHOOLS NEED TO CLOSE! Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
IAFG

Platinum

Re: ITT: THESE SCHOOLS NEED TO CLOSE!

Post by IAFG » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:32 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Hell, all we really have to do is make the JD two years, and only require 60 hours of college credit to get it. Functionally the same as my plan.
Tack on 5 month "articling" period to sit for a bar to keep out most people who can't get a job and we're golden.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:44 pm

IAFG wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Hell, all we really have to do is make the JD two years, and only require 60 hours of college credit to get it. Functionally the same as my plan.
Tack on 5 month "articling" period to sit for a bar to keep out most people who can't get a job and we're golden.
Nope, that is bullshit. Shit lawyering needs a steady stream of shitty lawyers. It doesn't hurt me if some TTT kid gets a bar admission. He isn't competing for my job anyway.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
IAFG wrote:
Nope, that is bullshit. Shit lawyering needs a steady stream of shitty lawyers. It doesn't hurt me if some TTT kid gets a bar admission. He isn't competing for my job anyway.
Articling doesn't stem the flow of shitlawyers, it stems the flow of barred unemployed lawyers.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:02 pm

You two are both sitting in the same room, aren't you?

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:05 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:You two are both sitting in the same room, aren't you?
Not this time, but not a bad assumption.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:11 pm

65% of Seton Hall full-time students get some sort of merit scholarship. That means 35% and probably most of the part-time students are attending this shit-hole at sticker. Not a good move.

Real Madrid

Silver

Post by Real Madrid » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Probably illegal or would bring about anti-trust lawsuits, but I wish Congress could somehow create an organization that would aggregate legal hiring from every US law school, and if a school didn't have, say, a 65%+ employment average in full-time JF-required jobs over 3 year periods, federal loans would not be granted to students wishing to attend that school.

Yukos

Gold

Post by Yukos » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:08 pm

Personally I'm glad law isn't a UG degree because I fucked around in high school and ended up in a TTT public school. Since I did well in college and got a decent LSAT score I don't have to be dragged down by decisions I made when I was 15 for the rest of my life. Not that this (somewhat) rare case justifies our current system, but it is one advantage.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”