Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Naples or Orlando?

Ave Maria Naples
30%
Barry Law Orlando
70%

Total votes: 44

Jah'rakal

Bronze

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Post by Jah'rakal » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:17 pm

sunynp wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:
smoothies wrote:Would someone please explain to me why going to either one of these schools is a bad idea IF

1. cost is not an issue for the OP
2. he/she has got a guaranteed job with the family firm
3. all schools teach the same basic law concepts and probably have reasonably competent professors
4. once you get a job and/or reach a certain age, where you went to school becomes a pretty insignificant issue
5. a good deal of what you need to learn (practically-speaking) to be a lawyer doesn't come from law school anyway

I know you want to jump all over this and ridicule it, but I would prefer some sound reasoning instead of clever diatribe.
these are all true, TLS just likes to ridicule and make unwarranted assumptions about OP's circumstance (see post above). the condition given is cost is not an issue, why try to make it one? he got guaranteed job from firm then why assume he will need a different job? plus once he worked so many years, where he graduated hardly matter anymore.
I'm not ridiculing OP, I'm trying to give good advice. Just because you can afford something doesn't mean that the cost isn't an issue. If the money can be better spend on a better school, then OP should do that. Why pay full price for low quality?

OP is trying to set up a career for life. There is no guarantee that the family firm will be around for all of OP's career. I don't think OP should make his career and school decisions based on that assumption. OP will have trouble finding another job if that firm has a problem. People don't last forever at firms.
but that was not even OP's question, why can't we just answer the question asked. sure OP could retake, anyone could, and of course we always want to go to a better school, perhaps UF in Florida for OP or Rutgers in NJ, but given the choices at the moment, it's Barry vs. Ave Maria, and I think instead of dissing OP we should point him to the better choice between the two, and in this case, it's Barry. If OP has the time to wait another year and retake, then by all means, but if OP's set on going to school with no worry about expenses, then Barry 's a better option

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:26 pm

JD Janitor wrote:
fatduck wrote:is the "troll warlord" avatar invisible to everyone except me?
datfuck, get some sunlight.

it's already pretty sunny in here, though

smaug_

Gold

Post by smaug_ » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:29 pm

fatduck wrote:
JD Janitor wrote:

People don't play enough Dota.

JD Janitor

Bronze

Post by JD Janitor » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:35 pm

fatduck wrote:
JD Janitor wrote:

Sweet view of the apartments. Window frame
looks like one i saw on an inner-city mission trip.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:37 pm

i'll refrain from quoting your post so you can take some time to think of a better retort

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JD Janitor

Bronze

Post by JD Janitor » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:42 pm

fatduck wrote:i'll refrain from quoting your post so you can take some time to think of a better retort
You're right you're right. I should not rejoice in your squalor. So I'll restate. Get fucked.

flem

Diamond

Post by flem » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:44 pm

JD Janitor

What are your thoughts on

GLOBAL WARMING?

Legitimate political and environmental cause

or

elaborate flame?

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:45 pm

tfleming09 wrote:JD Janitor

GLOBAL WARMING?

or

elaborate flame?
pretty soon my high rise in the projects will be beachfront property

JD Janitor

Bronze

Post by JD Janitor » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:46 pm

tfleming09 wrote:JD Janitor

GLOBAL WARMING?

or

elaborate flame?
I have too much respect for The Dude to disrespectfully reply.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:01 pm

There are so many trolls on TLS now I can't keep up. Whats the story with JD janitor?

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:07 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:There are so many trolls on TLS now I can't keep up. Whats the story with JD janitor?
Supposed right wing troll who just randomly creates new threads/shits in established ones in an effort to pick a fight. I group him and that linksys guy together.

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:17 pm

Gotcha. I remember now he's the guy who said fat chicks shouldn't get jobs and who is 'very elitist' and shit on me for going to UIUC

This site needs a character reference guide

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:18 pm

Last edited by 20130312 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Yukos

Gold

Post by Yukos » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:04 pm

JD Janitor wrote:
fatduck wrote:i'll refrain from quoting your post so you can take some time to think of a better retort
You're right you're right. I should not rejoice in your squalor. So I'll restate. Get fucked.
Legitimate question: Why is JD Janitor so mad?

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:09 pm

Yukos wrote:
JD Janitor wrote:
white people

Yukos

Gold

Post by Yukos » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:04 pm

fatduck wrote:
Yukos wrote:
JD Janitor wrote:
white people
This guy is a more transparent troll than Jah'rakal.

Jah'rakal

Bronze

Post by Jah'rakal » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Orlando, Fla. -- Barry University School of Law’s Trial Team defeated Harvard University in the final round to win the ABA National Criminal Justice Trial Advocacy Competition held March 29-31 at The John Marshall Law School in Chicago.

The win was Barry’s seventh championship at a national competition since 2008. It is also the second championship in the 2011-12 academic year, marking the second year in a row Barry’s Trial Team has won two championships.

Barry’s advocates were Aboubakr Maaroufi (prosecution and defense), Ryan Sainz (defense, and prosecution witness) and Ciara Harris (prosecution, and defense witness). The swing witness was Victor Zamora. Maaroufi, a second-year student, was named Best Advocate at the competition, which included 19 teams. Both Harris and Zamora received perfect witness scores in two separate preliminary rounds.

Barry went undefeated in the preliminary rounds, beating the University of Alabama, Widener and the University of Puerto Rico School of Law. Only four teams advanced, with Barry facing and defeating Creighton in the semifinals to reach the finals against Harvard.

The team was coached by Barry Law professors Mark Summers and Elizabeth Megale.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Definitely relevant to choosing a school. All Harvard 1ls should transfer to Barry immediately

Wily

Bronze

Post by Wily » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:54 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:Orlando, Fla. -- Barry University School of Law’s Trial Team defeated Harvard University in the final round to win the ABA National Criminal Justice Trial Advocacy Competition held March 29-31 at The John Marshall Law School in Chicago.

The win was Barry’s seventh championship at a national competition since 2008. It is also the second championship in the 2011-12 academic year, marking the second year in a row Barry’s Trial Team has won two championships.

Barry’s advocates were Aboubakr Maaroufi (prosecution and defense), Ryan Sainz (defense, and prosecution witness) and Ciara Harris (prosecution, and defense witness). The swing witness was Victor Zamora. Maaroufi, a second-year student, was named Best Advocate at the competition, which included 19 teams. Both Harris and Zamora received perfect witness scores in two separate preliminary rounds.

Barry went undefeated in the preliminary rounds, beating the University of Alabama, Widener and the University of Puerto Rico School of Law. Only four teams advanced, with Barry facing and defeating Creighton in the semifinals to reach the finals against Harvard.

The team was coached by Barry Law professors Mark Summers and Elizabeth Megale.
Can a mod give a body-of-work ban to this dude?

rickgrimes69

Silver

Post by rickgrimes69 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:Orlando, Fla. -- Barry University School of Law’s Trial Team defeated Harvard University in the final round to win the ABA National Criminal Justice Trial Advocacy Competition held March 29-31 at The John Marshall Law School in Chicago.
TTT's looking after their own?
Barry went undefeated in the preliminary rounds, beating the University of Alabama, Widener and the University of Puerto Rico School of Law. Only four teams advanced, with Barry facing and defeating Creighton in the semifinals to reach the finals against Harvard..
FIERCE COMPETITION

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”