(International) Arbitration: which school(s)? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
gellisc

New

(International) Arbitration: which school(s)?

Post by gellisc » Thu May 31, 2012 2:23 pm

Hey everyone. I'm starting to research schools hardcore as the application process is just right around corner. Im taking the oct. LSAT. I have been pondering the exact area of law that I would want to practice, as I was advised that since I am an "older" student (31), it would be advisable for me to "know" this before I start the process. I have a BA in International Studies/Economics and am hoping that that helps some. Given my personality, interests, strengths/weaknesses etc. I believe that International Arbitration would suit me quite well. (also considering Intl. bus transactions, advertising law, m&a). So my question is: what schools have a solid reputation in arbitration (I guess formally, alt. dispute res.) that could help lead me to a reputable law firm?

George

kwais

Gold

Re: (International) Arbitration: which school(s)?

Post by kwais » Thu May 31, 2012 2:42 pm

You need good grades from top schools for this. Pretty much in line with any other specialty in which there are bound to be many more interested parties than spots.

MormonChristian

Bronze

Post by MormonChristian » Thu May 31, 2012 2:55 pm

gellisc wrote:Hey everyone. I'm starting to research schools hardcore as the application process is just right around corner. Im taking the oct. LSAT. I have been pondering the exact area of law that I would want to practice, as I was advised that since I am an "older" student (31), it would be advisable for me to "know" this before I start the process. I have a BA in International Studies/Economics and am hoping that that helps some. Given my personality, interests, strengths/weaknesses etc. I believe that International Arbitration would suit me quite well. (also considering Intl. bus transactions, advertising law, m&a). So my question is: what schools have a solid reputation in arbitration (I guess formally, alt. dispute res.) that could help lead me to a reputable law firm?

George

George -- GeorgeTown is your answer. It is your school.

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Thu May 31, 2012 3:03 pm

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Thu May 31, 2012 5:05 pm

gellisc wrote:Hey everyone. I'm starting to research schools hardcore as the application process is just right around corner. Im taking the oct. LSAT. I have been pondering the exact area of law that I would want to practice, as I was advised that since I am an "older" student (31), it would be advisable for me to "know" this before I start the process. I have a BA in International Studies/Economics and am hoping that that helps some. Given my personality, interests, strengths/weaknesses etc. I believe that International Arbitration would suit me quite well. (also considering Intl. bus transactions, advertising law, m&a). So my question is: what schools have a solid reputation in arbitration (I guess formally, alt. dispute res.) that could help lead me to a reputable law firm?

George
Start at Yale and work your way down.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Thu May 31, 2012 6:34 pm

timbs4339 wrote: Start at Yale and work your way down.
TCR
MormonChristian wrote: George -- GeorgeTown is your answer. It is your school.
MC, is that a self tar? lol

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”