LSAC reporting deposits Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
FakeHubieBrown

New

LSAC reporting deposits

Post by FakeHubieBrown » Thu May 31, 2012 1:20 pm

Can anyone here provide the details on the manner in which the LSAC reports deposits?

Specifically, to whom is this info released? Would the schools that waitlisted me know which school(s) I have deposited at?

And does it only apply to multiple depositors?

Thanks!

Zionman

New

Re: LSAC reporting deposits

Post by Zionman » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:36 am

Somebdy set me strait if you have to but i believe its only for multi seat depositors.

Nammertat

Silver

Post by Nammertat » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Zionman wrote:Somebdy set me strait if you have to but i believe its only for multi seat depositors.
The report itself is called an "Overlap Report", and applies only to those who have deposited at 2 or more schools. There ARE schools however who do not take part in this, and neither report to or read from this list. (cough...asu...cough)

MormonChristian

Bronze

Post by MormonChristian » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:18 pm

Nammertat wrote:
Zionman wrote:Somebdy set me strait if you have to but i believe its only for multi seat depositors.
The report itself is called an "Overlap Report", and applies only to those who have deposited at 2 or more schools. There ARE schools however who do not take part in this, and neither report to or read from this list. (cough...asu...cough)

Can you expand on that please?

splitsplat

Silver

Post by splitsplat » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:19 pm

Multiple-Deposit Notification
Each year, LSAC provides participating law schools with periodic reports detailing the number of applicants who have submitted seat deposits or commitments at other participating schools, along with identification of those other schools. Beginning May 15 each year, these reports now also include the names and LSAC account numbers for all candidates who have deposits/commitments at multiple participating schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MormonChristian

Bronze

Post by MormonChristian » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:34 pm

splitsplat wrote:
Each year, LSAC provides participating law schools with periodic reports detailing the number of applicants who have submitted seat deposits or commitments at other participating schools, along with identification of those other schools. Beginning May 15 each year, these reports now also include the names and LSAC account numbers for all candidates who have deposits/commitments at multiple participating schools.

I have a hypothetical, maybe you could help me with it.

Let us say I am an admissions administrator at Florida State, would it behoove me to use that list to target students at my competition school Florida?

Or if I am rank obsessed, to target students whose other commitment is at a school ranked slightly below mine?

/just wondering if that goes on.

Nammertat

Silver

Post by Nammertat » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:15 pm

MormonChristian wrote:
splitsplat wrote:

Let us say I am an admissions administrator at Florida State, would it behoove me to use that list to target students at my competition school Florida?

Or if I am rank obsessed, to target students whose other commitment is at a school ranked slightly below mine?

Well I CAN say that schools are told which schools you've deposited at. However, I'm not sure whether or not schools are alerted of double-depositors if they are not one of the institutions involved. My best guess would be no, but I really can't tell you for sure.

mrjohnsterman

Bronze

Post by mrjohnsterman » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:02 pm

Nammertat wrote:
MormonChristian wrote:
splitsplat wrote:

Well I CAN say that schools are told which schools you've deposited at. However, I'm not sure whether or not schools are alerted of double-depositors if they are not one of the institutions involved. My best guess would be no, but I really can't tell you for sure.
One of the Admission deans that posts said they cannot see unless their school is included.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”