BU ($$) vs. Cardozo (full) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

BU ($$) vs. Cardozo (full)

BU
91%
Cardozo
9%

Total votes: 11

IronSkadden

New

BU ($$) vs. Cardozo (full)

Post by IronSkadden » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:41 am

Hi there,

I'm choosing between BU with 85K and Cardozo with a full ride with no stips. When I consider my undergrad loans and the savings I will be able to contribute to law school, I will emerge from BU with around 100K total debt and Cardozo with around 60K total debt.

Career goals:
Want to practice entertainment law, but am also interested in traditional biglaw.
Want to practice in NYC.
Want to pay off my debt within 10 years.

Additional info:

I live in NYC. I imagine it will be easier to grind out good grades at Cardozo, where I can rely on my existing support network (friends, family, etc.)

Thanks for your input!

Nelson

Gold

Re: BU ($$) vs. Cardozo (full)

Post by Nelson » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:46 am

IronSkadden wrote:Hi there,

I'm choosing between BU with 85K and Cardozo with a full ride with no stips. When I consider my undergrad loans and the savings I will be able to contribute to law school, I will emerge from BU with around 100K total debt and Cardozo with around 60K total debt.

Career goals:
Want to practice entertainment law, but am also interested in traditional biglaw.
Want to practice in NYC.
Want to pay off my debt within 10 years.

Additional info:

I live in NYC. I imagine it will be easier to grind out good grades at Cardozo, where I can rely on my existing support network (friends, family, etc.)

Thanks for your input!
Retake for T14 for a decent shot at NYC biglaw. Otherwise BU. Don't go to Dozo.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:51 am

Last edited by rad lulz on Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

TLSwag

Bronze

Post by TLSwag » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:03 pm

rad lulz wrote:BU is a decent not amazing choice for your career goals. If you MUST have NYC biglaw, I'd retake.
you don't even know OP's LSAT score or how many times he/she has taken it... jeezus homie, this is a record even for you.

Mr. Somebody

Silver

Post by Mr. Somebody » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:04 pm

TLSwag wrote:
rad lulz wrote:BU is a decent not amazing choice for your career goals. If you MUST have NYC biglaw, I'd retake.
you don't even know OP's LSAT score or how many times he/she has taken it... jeezus homie, this is a record even for you.
OP has a 167. 3-4 more points gives him/her great shot at T14

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TLSwag

Bronze

Post by TLSwag » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:08 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
TLSwag wrote:
OP has a 167. 3-4 more points gives him/her great shot at T14
I apologize - it was indeed easy to find. Well in that case I probably have to agree, haha

StarLightSpectre

Bronze

Post by StarLightSpectre » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:14 pm

Same situation with same schools.

I had to go with BU with significant money over Dozo with a full scholly. Because while you are saving money with Dozo, you don't have anywhere near as much of a chance a getting Biglaw. Think about it out. BU places top of the class in NYC and other locations (to a smaller degree) and then still has enough clout to place some in and around Boston. To get biglaw at all from Dozo you have to be top 10%. This is only if you want big law exclusively.

But if living in NYC is a bigger goal than big law is then Dozo wins out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”