University of Washington or William & Mary Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Ogresmash

New

University of Washington or William & Mary

Post by Ogresmash » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Hey all,

So I'm really having a tough time picking between these schools. For UW: I've lived in the Seattle area and have family there, but it also seems like I'd have better career prospects based on their employment numbers, and because it's the best school in the west outside of California.

For W & M: I really like the area due to all the history, and I'd like the weather there more. What concerns me are the career prospects from there, as their employment numbers are dreary for 2011.

I guess UW could be fudging their numbers. If employment prospects were equal, I'd pick William & Mary, but at this point I'm really worried about it because maybe the Virginia/D.C. market is so over saturated.

Cost isn't an issue since I have the GI Bill which will pay for it all.

I'm hoping to practice international law.

Any advice?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: University of Washington or William & Mary

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Although U.Washington's clerkship claims raise serious doubts and, therefore, other employment stats should be viewed with a sceptical eye, it is the best law school in your home territory.

Bronck

Gold

Post by Bronck » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:55 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Although U.Washington's clerkship claims raise serious doubts and, therefore, other employment stats should be viewed with a sceptical eye, it is the best law school in your home territory.
This. Pick UW. Don't relocate for a regional school in a market to which you have no ties.

3ThrowAway99

Gold

Post by 3ThrowAway99 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:06 pm

WTF.. tried to post in here earlier and it didn't stick... Why the doubts re: U washington stats/ Fed Clerkships? Some state Fed courts prefer local grads strongly (ref. also Arizona)..

Yeah go with school where you want to practice though..

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:17 pm

We've already discussed this via PMs. University of Washington's federal clerkship claims cannot be verified despite several attempts; U.Washington may have included state court clerkships in with their federal clerkship count as did Univ. of Arizona.

bdole2

Bronze

Post by bdole2 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:40 am

Go to UW. Also, what do you mean by "international law"?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”