University of Arizona $ vs. Loyola LA $$$ Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sewei08

New

University of Arizona $ vs. Loyola LA $$$

Post by sewei08 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Hi,

I am choosing between Arizona and Loyola LA. Loyola offered me $69,000 with a 3.2 stipulation. Arizona only offered me $20,000 on a stipulation that I am the 10% of the class (which is unlikely), but will only cut my scholarship in half if I am do not make the top 10 percent. My professor told me to choose Arizona because it is more reputable and I am taking her advice with a grain of salt. From what I know, the rankings between Arizona and Loyola LA won't make that much of a difference because they are both regional schools.

Thanks for the help!

Mick Haller

Silver

Re: University of Arizona $ vs. Loyola LA $$$

Post by Mick Haller » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:07 pm

just depends on where you want to work.. neither degree would be highly portable. I'd probably go with Az if you are indifferent to location, not because of rankings but because Arizona is probably an easier place to find a job.

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:08 pm

Try to negotiate UofA's scholarship to match or get closer to Loyola.

sewei08

New

Post by sewei08 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:18 pm

gaud wrote:Try to negotiate UofA's scholarship to match or get closer to Loyola.
I tried and didn't get any money. I'm not that debt prone, but of course wouldn't mind any more money. If money and location isn't an issue, will UofA offer more job opportunities than Loyola LA?

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:02 pm

sewei08 wrote:
gaud wrote:Try to negotiate UofA's scholarship to match or get closer to Loyola.
I tried and didn't get any money. I'm not that debt prone, but of course wouldn't mind any more money. If money and location isn't an issue, will UofA offer more job opportunities than Loyola LA?
I don't know enough about Loyola's placement to answer that question. I can say that you should attend where you'd like to live (ie. UofA - Arizona or Loyola - Southern California).

It is possible to land SoCal from UofA, but you'd have to be high up in class rank (I assume).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”