Complicated Situation, here goes Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
rickgrimes69

Silver

Complicated Situation, here goes

Post by rickgrimes69 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:02 am

Last edited by rickgrimes69 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indifferent

Bronze

Re: Complicated Situation, here goes

Post by Indifferent » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:12 am

I don't really have any advise since swallowing sticker, even on a T14, is pretty scary. I can tell you what I do know, however.

Of the schools you're in at, Cornell is best for NYC, NW is best for Chi. With those accepts I don't think Gerogetown should be in consideration unless you're interested in DC. I don't think you can hope (realistically) to land Chi/NYC biglaw from MN, maybe if you're top 10%? I defer to people who know better, but the chances are extremely slim.

Mich is probably around on par with both Cornell/NW w/r/t placement in the cities those schools place into.

NinerFan

Bronze

Post by NinerFan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:34 am

If you really want to live in a big city and do big law there for a few years, then choosing a Cornell or a Michigan etc is more likely to result in this.

Even given this, though, if I were you, I'd take Minnesota, assuming that your full-ride there doesn't have some funky fine-print about retaining the scholarship. The "experience" you get at a big law firm in a big city isn't really worth paying sticker at a school that gives you a CHANCE of getting big law.

woeisme

Silver

Post by woeisme » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:23 pm

If NYC > Chicago then Cornell.

If Chicago > NYC, then Michigan or NW.

If Minneapolis, then Minn full ride is legit

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”