RU-Newark, Seton Hall, Fordham???? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
rutgersNB341

New

RU-Newark, Seton Hall, Fordham????

Post by rutgersNB341 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:01 pm

I'm very late in the application cycle for next fall. I took the LSAT in February and got a 163. LSDAS GPA= 3.39.

Since my applications went final March 8th, I don't expect to hear back from any of the schools until May. However, I have a rough idea of what financials I'll get from each school through looking at Law School Numbers... assuming my late apps don't take away from those established norms.

RU-Newark (tuition 26k/yr)- probable scholarship of 10k-12k per year, making tuition 14k-16k per year
Seton Hall (tuition 45k/yr)- no idea, but I doubt it will be worth going
Fordham (tuition 47.3k/yr)- IF I get in (BIG IF), no scholarship money- full tuition 47.3k/yr

Also, I got in to the 2-year MPP program at Rutgers with a 3/4 scholarship. However, in all honesty I really like the idea of studying law. Any exposure I've had at the undergraduate level (several classes) has been extremely enjoyable. Also, I'm much more government/public interest focused than big law/corporate law. I'm not seeking BigLaw by any means. My internships have been with the state legislature and the U.S. Congress. I want to come out of grad/law school with the ability to work in the State/Federal government doing policy or legal work.

Looking for some opinions... obviously the MPP is the best financially, but the compromise is that it would parallel less with my interests than law school.

Where should I go, assuming those are the offers??

stillwater

Gold

Re: RU-Newark, Seton Hall, Fordham????

Post by stillwater » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Do not go to SH lest you fall prey to the Valvoline Dean.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”