Northwestern 2 yr AJD w/$ vs UVA Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
pack_85

New

Northwestern 2 yr AJD w/$ vs UVA

Post by pack_85 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Haven't heard about money from UVA, and I don't expect to get any. With what I have been offered, NU would be about 1/2 the price of UVA sticker. To preempt the "wait until you hear about $" responses, I would be sending in my seat deposit for NU in about a week, so this is kinda crunch time. I have been in my industry for 5 years and want to stay in it following graduation, just in a role that is more attainable with a JD. That is why I initially applied for the 2 yr program. But lately I have been thinking that I wouldn't mind exploring other options (not necessarily biglaw), and I'm wondering if the 2 yr program sort of limits you to the field you came in from.

There is limited info about the 2 yr program on this site and much of it seems anecdotal. Are there any AJD applicants/candidates/alumni out there? I would really appreciate any input from someone who is dealing/has dealt with this decision. Thanks.

bk1

Diamond

Re: Northwestern 2 yr AJD w/$ vs UVA

Post by bk1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:02 pm

I'd ask NU to put you in touch with current AJD's to ask them how things went personally for them. The AJD's I know have been really happy with the program, but I don't know what their expectations/goals were going in.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”