The best choice for all applicants Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
furcifer

New

Re: The best choice for all applicants

Post by furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:39 am

So what should one do their lives?
Money? Title? Etc?
How does one decide which of the many horrible options one has?
TemporarySaint wrote:No, I generally think people looking to get fulfilled by their careers are kidding themselves.

skers

Platinum

Post by skers » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:42 am

Bro, you might want to look elsewhere if you want a life coach, but I think the answer to all the questions you're asking is whiskey.

furcifer

New

Post by furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:46 am

:twisted:
That works.

As for me, I ain't bitches like a baby. I ask for all those who do and don't know what else to do but cry about "how hard it is to be me"...... :cry:
The Italian bars always need a volunteer to pull the turds out of the urinals......... :x

But for the rest of us, yeah Wiskey is a good enough alternative. 8)
TemporarySaint wrote:Bro, you might want to look elsewhere if you want a life coach, but I think the answer to all the questions you're asking is whiskey.

Dr. Filth

Silver

Post by Dr. Filth » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:48 am

Bildungsroman wrote: You'll look back on your posts in this thread and hate yourselves.
isnt this p much the def of the internet

edited 2 fix

Blessedassurance

Gold

Post by Blessedassurance » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:23 am

TemporarySaint wrote:Bro, you might want to look elsewhere if you want a life coach, but I think the answer to all the questions you're asking is whiskey.
hear hear.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:31 am

I don't get the "law school is filled with terrible people" argument. Define terrible. And who is terrible? The students, professors, administration, or all of the above? I agree that law school isn't for everyone and that there are a ton of annoying people everywhere you go in life, but to say that law schools are "filled with terrible people" seems like an odd generalization. Like everything else in life, it is what you make it.

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:48 am

Bildungsroman wrote:
IAFG wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:The 0Ls in this thread would do well to stop being so arrogant. Most all of you are going to end up realizing law school is a pointless, prestige-obsessed credentialing scam filled with bad people and mind-numbing monotony. You'll look back on your posts in this thread and hate yourselves.
Meh. If I had to do it again, I'd do it again.
Agreed. I don't regret coming to law school, and I don't think most people will as long as they go to a good school and manage to find gainful employment. But 0Ls need to understand and factor in that law school in itself is not as attractive as people think. You'll sit in a lot of rooms being intellectually unstimulated while gaining no practical skills. That's why people ITT who have never even sat in a law school classroom before are talking out of their asses when they just dismiss Flash's correct assessment that law school sucks and is filled with terrible people. Applicants need to consider that when weighing law school as an option. I know plenty of law school applicants and law students who expect(ed) law school to be a place where intellectual titans gather to be profound and prestigious and spend lots of time in oak-paneled rooms gaining enlightenment with peers they respect and get along with well, coming out of school after three richly rewarding years with a deep understanding of the law that will benefit them greatly in practice. If people are making law school decisions with anything like this picture in their mind, their expectations are on a one-way lube train to pound town.
At the time of your post, I didn't see any 0Ls in this thread. I still don't think I do. So...

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:03 am

PinkCow wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
IAFG wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:The 0Ls in this thread would do well to stop being so arrogant. Most all of you are going to end up realizing law school is a pointless, prestige-obsessed credentialing scam filled with bad people and mind-numbing monotony. You'll look back on your posts in this thread and hate yourselves.
Meh. If I had to do it again, I'd do it again.
Agreed. I don't regret coming to law school, and I don't think most people will as long as they go to a good school and manage to find gainful employment. But 0Ls need to understand and factor in that law school in itself is not as attractive as people think. You'll sit in a lot of rooms being intellectually unstimulated while gaining no practical skills. That's why people ITT who have never even sat in a law school classroom before are talking out of their asses when they just dismiss Flash's correct assessment that law school sucks and is filled with terrible people. Applicants need to consider that when weighing law school as an option. I know plenty of law school applicants and law students who expect(ed) law school to be a place where intellectual titans gather to be profound and prestigious and spend lots of time in oak-paneled rooms gaining enlightenment with peers they respect and get along with well, coming out of school after three richly rewarding years with a deep understanding of the law that will benefit them greatly in practice. If people are making law school decisions with anything like this picture in their mind, their expectations are on a one-way lube train to pound town.
At the time of your post, I didn't see any 0Ls in this thread. I still don't think I do. So...
ggibelli, cdelgado, and Lovely Ludwig Van. Learn to post history stalk.

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:21 am

I concede. 0Ls, Y u join TLS a whole year before your cycle?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

caputlupinum

Bronze

Post by caputlupinum » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:57 am

Boooohoooo your dreams will be crushed????? Move to LA and get a couple roles on some indy films get call backs from the networks only to find the don't like you. Stay in the scene for 5 years doing mountains of yay and working in some "soft" films only to move home with your parents to go back to school... Then tell me about crushed dreams. Suck it up god damn yuppies. I have no remorse for failed law students and if I fail I'll still know there is no bottom like giving out sexual favors for drugs.... You people should have never been born if you think your life is ruined because your life did not turn out the way you hoped it would and are in massive debt.... If you think there is nothing worse in the world then you have truly missed the point of living.

omninode

Bronze

Post by omninode » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:06 pm

Wait a minute, law school is risky? Why didn't anybody tell me!

Thanks, OP. You just saved me from debtors' prison.

furcifer

New

Post by furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:33 pm

They come to post on LSAT and prelaw forums here and then just troll around to find stuff to reply to.
"but my daddy said" "but I saw on a fictional tv show".........etc,etc. :roll:
PinkCow wrote:I concede. 0Ls, Y u join TLS a whole year before your cycle?

Haymarket

Bronze

Post by Haymarket » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:55 pm

furcifer wrote:They come to post on LSAT and prelaw forums here and then just troll around to find stuff to reply to.
Jesus fuck. If you're going to be such a retard will you at least figure out the custom of writing below quotes instead of above them. Or is your autism so bad that you can't appreciate the natural flow of dialogue?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Haymarket

Bronze

Post by Haymarket » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:04 pm

Haymarket wrote:
furcifer wrote:They come to post on LSAT and prelaw forums here and then just troll around to find stuff to reply to.
Jesus fuck. If you're going to be such a retard will you at least figure out the custom of writing below quotes instead of above them. Or is your autism so bad that you can't appreciate the natural flow of dialogue?
Actually, I just read your lounge thread. You were clearly born full retard.

furcifer

New

Post by furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:10 pm

yes, because random dude X with no real life experience to back up his claims says it.
:cry:

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:13 pm

Lawl skool sucks most because it's a giant exercise in mind-fuckery.

That said, my career and general future outlook is significantly better because I decided to go, so I really can't say I regret it. Although it says something that I basically "won" at law school, and I still kind of think it's dumb.

furcifer

New

Post by furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Ok pink heart lady, how'd you "basicly win"?
If you were 4.0 and student bar prez, kudos
If you were just prettiest and teacher loved you, not so much.

keg411 wrote:Lawl skool sucks most because it's a giant exercise in mind-fuckery.

That said, my career and general future outlook is significantly better because I decided to go, so I really can't say I regret it. Although it says something that I basically "won" at law school, and I still kind of think it's dumb.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Ludo!

Gold

Post by Ludo! » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Haymarket wrote:
+1

Also, stop
Writing like this
It's really
Fucking annoying

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:20 pm

furcifer wrote:Ok pink heart lady, how'd you "basicly win"?

keg411 wrote:Lawl skool sucks most because it's a giant exercise in mind-fuckery.

WTF?

furcifer

New

Post by furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:20 pm

make me.
First Amendment, freedom of expression.
Deal with it or sue me, or eat me, whatever your choice may be.......... :cry:

Ludovico Technique wrote:
Haymarket wrote:
+1

Also, stop
Writing like this
It's really
Fucking annoying

furcifer

New

Post by furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:22 pm

I'll ask nicer(I was being my usual smartass for no good reason, its who I am)
how did you "basicly win" at law school? Is it just a random thing to say or is there a reason?

As for the refernce to your avatar, behold your avatar. Answer given.
keg411 wrote:
furcifer wrote:Ok pink heart lady, how'd you "basicly win"?

WTF?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pupperoni

New

Post by pupperoni » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:28 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
IAFG wrote:
I've said it before, but: law school is about gaining entrée into a profession and not much more. You better be DAMNED sure that's what you want, because that's about all you're going to get.
Agreed, but the raw deal for students is that if you go in expecting a really impressive ivory-tower academic atmosphere you'll probably be disappointed, but if you go in expecting a practical professional education that prepares you for a career in the field you'll also be pretty disappointed since so much of law school is academic circle-jerk in which you're required to participate.
isn't that the reputation uchicago has? a law school for intellectual stimulation and rigor?

furcifer

New

Post by furcifer » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Anyone getting "stimulation" in law school best be sitting in the back row, I love the slutty academic probation chicks as much as the next guy, but save it for after class, some of us are trying not to watch you get rugburn in your pants!!! :evil:
pupperoni wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
IAFG wrote:
I've said it before, but: law school is about gaining entrée into a profession and not much more. You better be DAMNED sure that's what you want, because that's about all you're going to get.
Agreed, but the raw deal for students is that if you go in expecting a really impressive ivory-tower academic atmosphere you'll probably be disappointed, but if you go in expecting a practical professional education that prepares you for a career in the field you'll also be pretty disappointed since so much of law school is academic circle-jerk in which you're required to participate.
isn't that the reputation uchicago has? a law school for intellectual stimulation and rigor?

PinkCow

Silver

Post by PinkCow » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:37 pm

This thread has taken an unexpected turn. Internet people are weird.

Haymarket

Bronze

Post by Haymarket » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:43 pm

PinkCow wrote:This thread has taken an unexpected turn. Internet people are weird.
No, it's just being invaded by this trolly autistic. Bils' points remain important, though.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”