Vandy for Corporate/ Finance Law? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
harttrek1

New

Vandy for Corporate/ Finance Law?

Post by harttrek1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi,

I was wondering about Vandy's reputation as far as corporate law employment is concerned?
I am currently a Finance major at a large public state school in the south. I will graduate this December with a >3.9 GPA, and I will be taking the LSAT this June and applying this upcoming cycle. After about a month of prep, I am PT'ing in the 163-167 range, and hope to bring that up to around 168-170 reliably by June.. All that is just background info, but my real question is in regards to Vandy as a target school for corporate law. I love the financial field, but I really want to work on the legal side of corporate transactions. I have no target employment market, just wherever the field of corporate law stays dominant (realistically NY). Would Vandy be a good choice? If I somehow surprise myself on the LSAT, I will also be looking at UVA pretty strong. Thanks.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Re: Vandy for Corporate/ Finance Law?

Post by Tiago Splitter » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:15 am

You are attending professional school. Go to the school that gives you the best job prospects. If you want to work in corporate law you need to go to a school that places best in NYC. UVA and Vandy aren't bad options there, but you should be shooting for a 170+ on the LSAT and gunning for YHSCCN.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:17 am

As far as the curriculum goes, no law school anywhere teaches you anything, so you're good.

YourCaptain

Silver

Post by YourCaptain » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:22 am

go work at a financial firm. finance background w/ a 3.9? consulting ofs

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:23 am

YourCaptain wrote:go work at a financial firm. finance background w/ a 3.9? consulting ofs
Also TCR.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”