university of kentucky -- opinions?? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ypark87

New

university of kentucky -- opinions??

Post by ypark87 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:03 pm

Think the subject says it all--who knows anything about UK? This means everything--academics, the state of Kentucky, job prospects, the city, student body, etc. etc.

Thanks!

YourCaptain

Silver

Re: university of kentucky -- opinions??

Post by YourCaptain » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:54 pm

ypark87 wrote:Think the subject says it all--who knows anything about UK? This means everything--academics, doesnt matter the state of Kentucky do you really care?, job prospects bad, the city doesnt matter, student body 3 for three doesnt matter, etc. etc.

Thanks!
yw

Lord Randolph McDuff

Gold

Post by Lord Randolph McDuff » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:52 am

omg that girl who isn't as pretty as cat woman in real life is so LOLZ.

Kentucky is a great school if you want to work in Kentucky. Surely you will find grads in Cincy and Lousville... I bet would have to have top grades to have any regional portability from UK.

I don't know for sure, but if it is anything like the other state schools I've seen in the T2, pretty much everyone there except for the professors will be from kentucky. This might affect you if you were considering attending as an out of state student. Different school but I looked at UTK and everyone was from Tenn, but they were so nice and didn't seem like they all knew each other so I still considered it.

good luck

ypark87

New

Post by ypark87 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:09 pm

Thanks, I heard pretty nice things about it from students who are attending there. At this point, this is the only school I've gotten accepted to (other than Wyoming... and that was a safety I really did not want to go to), and it seems pretty decent, if you want to practice in Kentucky. Anyways, thanks for the input!

ypark87

New

Post by ypark87 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:11 pm

YourCaptain wrote:
ypark87 wrote:Think the subject says it all--who knows anything about UK? This means everything--academics, doesnt matter the state of Kentucky do you really care?, job prospects bad, the city doesnt matter, student body 3 for three doesnt matter, etc. etc.

Thanks!
yw
And yes, I actually do care and it does matter to me, but thank you for your input.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

YourCaptain

Silver

Post by YourCaptain » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:42 pm

ypark87 wrote:
YourCaptain wrote:

Thanks!
yw
And yes, I actually do care and it does matter to me, but thank you for your input.
all i was pointing out was the one thing that mattered is not in your favor.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:56 pm

The real question is whether anyone has pictures of UK law.

ypark87

New

Post by ypark87 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:35 pm

YourCaptain wrote:
ypark87 wrote:
YourCaptain wrote:

Thanks!
yw
all i was pointing out was the one thing that mattered is not in your favor.
Ohh okay I see what you are saying now. Job prospects really bad? I read in other posts that UK has decent placement in Kentucky, being the only good school in the state. But maybe that is just people being too optimistic. And of course, I'm aware that job placement in general for most schools is awful.

ypark87

New

Post by ypark87 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:36 pm

NYC Law wrote:The real question is whether anyone has pictures of UK law.
I hear the law building is terrible. So probably not

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ben4847

Silver

Post by ben4847 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:42 pm

I worked on a deal with one of the kentucky state schools during my summer job

kentuckylaw

New

Post by kentuckylaw » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:47 pm

I'm a 1L, and I really like it here. It's really not a gunnerish school, and most everyone gets along well. People are social. Most of our class is from Kentucky and wants to stay in Kentucky, but there are people from all over the place. As you might guess, the school by far places best within the state, although people will work in Tennessee/Cincinnati/etc. The school needs a new building, but it's not too terrible.

ypark87

New

Post by ypark87 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:58 pm

kentuckylaw wrote:I'm a 1L, and I really like it here. It's really not a gunnerish school, and most everyone gets along well. People are social. Most of our class is from Kentucky and wants to stay in Kentucky, but there are people from all over the place. As you might guess, the school by far places best within the state, although people will work in Tennessee/Cincinnati/etc. The school needs a new building, but it's not too terrible.
Yes, that is what I have heard from most people who talk about UK. It seems like a nice school.

Donny Crane

New

Post by Donny Crane » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:04 pm

ypark87 wrote:
NYC Law wrote:The real question is whether anyone has pictures of UK law.
I hear the law building is terrible. So probably not
This is fact. They've been on the verge of building a new one for almost a decade though. Maybe in another 15 years they'll break ground on it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:06 pm

I bet you'll get a lot more replies if you rename the thread "Pictures of UK law". You know, since it's so ugly.

ypark87

New

Post by ypark87 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:25 am

NYC Law wrote:I bet you'll get a lot more replies if you rename the thread "Pictures of UK law". You know, since it's so ugly.
http://www.facebook.com/uklawlibrary?sk=wall

This random facebook page of the Law Library appears to have many pictures! Not sure why they have an fb page just for the library, but it's worth a look, for those of you who are curious.

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:28 am

Came here to ask for pictures of UK law, sad to have been scooped.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Choosing a Law School”