Philadelphia Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Gold

Re: Philadelphia

Post by 20130312 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:40 pm

x7227 wrote:
Ende wrote:Thanks guys for all the posts. I'm from Philly, currently living in Ft. Lauderdale with hopes of returning to this area for law school.
I have no idea how this thread could ever make you want to return to Philly...
This thread aside, why on Earth would you want to leave there and come here??

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:28 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
x7227 wrote:
Ende wrote:Thanks guys for all the posts. I'm from Philly, currently living in Ft. Lauderdale with hopes of returning to this area for law school.
Florida isn't exactly paradise.

tarp

Bronze

Post by tarp » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:06 am

I think I'd actually rather be in Philly than Fort Lauderdale

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:10 am

x7227 wrote:
Aaaand sometimes they're not...like when you respond to a charge of playing the PC police and the rationality/humor of suburban stereotypes (the larger argument to which I was referring) with an ad hominem attack in an attempt to marginalize my argument.

btw I didn't see you playing PC police when Beach was cracking about GA and Haverford students (and I'll leave alone the fact that you responded to a charge about a group of people by holding yourself out as a paragon of virtue for half of those folks... wonderful, wonderful argument right there)

But you're right... I don't know anything. Great last dig. Thanks for putting me back in my place... on the internet... in a forum... that doesn't matter... filled with people who are super serious... about everything... :wink:
To quote myself from earlier ... you argue a lot for someone who winks about Internet arguments.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:10 am

HeavenWood wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
x7227 wrote:
Jobs? Humidity?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:12 am

InGoodFaith wrote:I, for one, am offended by the implication that we take everything seriously.

not really
I have written very sparingly in my responses. That must mean I am really serious about this. And the 9400 other posts I have written here in the last 2 years. Yes, must be.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:26 am

r6_philly wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
x7227 wrote:[
Jobs? Humidity?
Bad economy, shitty public services, sprawling as fuck, among other things.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:25 pm

I stand corrected. Then again, when I think of Philly...
HeavenWood wrote:Bad economy, shitty public services, sprawling as fuck, among other things.
Hmm...

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:42 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:I stand corrected. Then again, when I think of Philly...
HeavenWood wrote:Bad economy, shitty public services, sprawling as fuck, among other things.
Hmm...
I would say greater Philadelphia has fared the recession comparatively well. Things aren't going swimmingly, but we're in a lot better shape than a lot of places.

Philly proper has shitty public services. Philly suburbs run the gamut.

Philly has a very strong inner suburban core. As for the outer suburbs, there is definitely some sprawl, but the hills help break things up a bit--not like Florida, which is flat as a pancake.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:46 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Hmm...
I would say greater Philadelphia has fared the recession comparatively well. Things aren't going swimmingly, but we're in a lot better shape than a lot of places.

Philly has a very strong inner suburban core. As for the outer suburbs, there is definitely some sprawl, but the hills help break things up a bit--not like Florida, which is flat as a pancake.
Our legal market is still in really shitty shape bro.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:48 pm

beach_terror wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
Hmm...

Our legal market is still in really shitty shape bro.
Yeah, I was speaking on an overall basis.

Justathought

Silver

Post by Justathought » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:35 pm

Oh damn, all my Philly area internet friends are fighting. Its clear I need to troll the forums a little more! :cry:

But seriously, we should have a Philly TLS meetup after finals. :mrgreen:

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:44 pm

Justathought wrote:Oh damn, all my Philly area internet friends are fighting. Its clear I need to troll the forums a little more! :cry:

I'm down.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tarp

Bronze

Post by tarp » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:08 pm

I suggest City Tap House.

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:10 pm

I suggest we all pick one place but tell tarp a different place.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:43 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
Justathought wrote:Oh damn, all my Philly area internet friends are fighting. Its clear I need to troll the forums a little more! :cry:

I'm down.
Same. Wherever.

tarp

Bronze

Post by tarp » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:01 pm

beach_terror wrote:I suggest we all pick one place but tell tarp a different place.
Why? Are you scared? :mrgreen:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:03 pm

tarp wrote:
beach_terror wrote:I suggest we all pick one place but tell tarp a different place.
Why? Are you scared? :mrgreen:
No, because it would be hilarious and probably lead to a more enjoyable time if you're anything like you are on the internet.

tarp

Bronze

Post by tarp » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:14 pm

Oh okay, I thought it was because you talked so much trash on this online forum and, not knowing that I couldn't care less about what someone says on the Internet, you're scared I would hold it against you.

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:46 pm

tarp wrote:Oh okay, I thought it was because you talked so much trash on this online forum and, not knowing that I couldn't care less about what someone says on the Internet, you're scared I would hold it against you.
No, I generally don't give a shit what people think of me on the internet. You've said some pretty stupid shit about me and made some pretty rash generalizations which I would hold against you though.

inbeforetarpgetstough

x7227

Bronze

Post by x7227 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:29 pm

beach_terror wrote:
tarp wrote:Oh okay, I thought it was because you talked so much trash on this online forum and, not knowing that I couldn't care less about what someone says on the Internet, you're scared I would hold it against you.
No, I generally don't give a shit what people think of me on the internet. You've said some pretty stupid shit about me and made some pretty rash generalizations which I would hold against you though.

inbeforetarpgetstough
At first I saw this thread hanging around, I thought no good could come of this. Then there was talk of a party and I thought we could all bury the hatchet and make up. Aaaaannnd then it went back. I had such high hopes for us all.

For this party to occur... EtOH is definitely required.

xoxo to all,
X

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:32 pm

x7227 wrote:
beach_terror wrote:

inbeforetarpgetstough
At first I saw this thread hanging around, I thought no good could come of this. Then there was talk of a party and I thought we could all bury the hatchet and make up. Aaaaannnd then it went back. I had such high hopes for us all.

For this party to occur... EtOH is definitely required.

xoxo to all,
X
Agreed. Let's give tarp a fair chance. If he turns out to suck, we can always make a collective effort to abandon him while he's in the bathroom or something.

tarp

Bronze

Post by tarp » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:38 am

Okay... in the interest of burying the proverbial hatchet, I hereby announce that I will buy beach_terror a beverage of his choice* if this shindig actually occurs.

* Sorry, no girlie drinks

beach_terror

Platinum

Post by beach_terror » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:05 pm

tarp wrote:Okay... in the interest of burying the proverbial hatchet, I hereby announce that I will buy beach_terror a beverage of his choice* if this shindig actually occurs.

* Sorry, no girlie drinks
I'm good. One too many ad homeniums.There's other stuff I'd rather be doing than hanging out with some guy I clearly won't get along with. Thanks for the gesture though, I guess.

Peace of Mind

Bronze

Post by Peace of Mind » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:20 pm

so, i have not been on here in forever! what happened? this was such a peaceful place... well, peaceful by tis standards.

i'm down for a tis meet up after finals... 2 of you i see everyday but it would be cool to catch up once everyone is not quite as stressed!

good luck with finals everyone btw! :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”