What T3 and T4 law schools offer full rides? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
westinghouse60

Bronze

Re: What T3 and T4 law schools offer full rides?

Post by westinghouse60 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:48 pm

The real question is, are there any T3/T4s that have full rides without ridiculous sTTTipulations designed to scam students? (I don't know the answer to this)

Mike Pib

New

Post by Mike Pib » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:38 am

Gotcha. I'm more interested in crim than biglaw so I don't care so much about BLS's (lack of) big firm prospects.

Dash41

Bronze

Post by Dash41 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:06 am

I ended up choosing the TTT much to everyone's dismay with a full ride + stipend (Top 50% stip in non stacked section. If you fall out you have a probation semester to get it back up). I probably could have gotten BLS with full ride + stipend, but I didn't apply because they didn't have a history of doing that. And not any schools in the 20-30's give out full rides to a 3.5/167.

Before everyone laments me though I specifically asked several people at the top of the industry about this decision. Everyone told me to go with less debt as opposed to a better school with more debt. No one is going to care or even ask about my grades. They won't care what school I went to. Only what I can do with my law knowledge and my previous experience (which is very sports related, ie scouting, coaching, etc). Although I'm probably a special case. If I was going the normal route no way I would have done what I did.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:42 am

TTT & TTTTs that are flagship schools in states without other school competition are the right answer. Like South Carolina, most all of the attorneys in the state are from there. Same thing goes for Maine. Just look for a solid state school where it's the only school there and accept that you'll be working in a small firm. You won't be in financial ruin, but you won't be cashing checks and snapping necks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”