Why doesnt this have more views? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
timbs4339

Gold

Re: Why doesnt this have more views?

Post by timbs4339 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:31 pm

School should be shut down, but gun to head, I'd take sticker at MSL over sticker at NESL, Suffolk, or Northeastern. I could understand taking the bullet though.

xjustyoursmile

Bronze

Post by xjustyoursmile » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:34 pm

I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, especially since I haven't seen the video, but has anyone considered that she may be an actress hired by the school?

uvabro

Bronze

Post by uvabro » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:44 pm

i believe in god, but anyone who believes their calling in life from god is to be a lawyer or baker or any other occupation does not seem like the type who would do well on a feelingless test like the LSAT. feelings have no place in objective analysis, and that is what the LSAT is testing.

Icculus

Silver

Post by Icculus » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:23 pm

uvabro wrote:i believe in god, but anyone who believes their calling in life from god is to be a lawyer or baker or any other occupation does not seem like the type who would do well on a feelingless test like the LSAT. feelings have no place in objective analysis, and that is what the LSAT is testing.
There are so many things wrong with this statement. I mean are you actually saying that if someone is very emotional or religious then those feelings would prevent them from learning the LSAT or doing well on it? Maybe she didn't know how to
study for it, maybe she's not that bright, I mean there are a million more plausible explanations than your feelings hurt theory.

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:41 pm

uvabro wrote:i believe in god, but anyone who believes their calling in life from god is to be a lawyer or baker ...
It's funny, but no ever says God told them to be a baker. It's always like lawyers, doctors, priests, nurses, social workers, or that sort of thing. But I have never heard someone have a calling to become a baker. Isn't that strange?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JesusChrist

Bronze

Post by JesusChrist » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:04 pm

cinephile wrote:
uvabro wrote:i believe in god, but anyone who believes their calling in life from god is to be a lawyer or baker ...
It's funny, but no ever says God told them to be a baker. It's always like lawyers, doctors, priests, nurses, social workers, or that sort of thing. But I have never heard someone have a calling to become a baker. Isn't that strange?

God hates baking. Hence the miracle of the unleavened bread.

suralin

Diamond

Post by suralin » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:49 pm

cinephile wrote:
:lol:

wert3813

Silver

Post by wert3813 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:04 am

Last edited by wert3813 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:15 am

I googled this chick and it looks like shes an AUSA

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:16 am

Lieut Kaffee wrote:Another bitter LSAT-hater who couldn't break 150? Is this supposed to be "inspirational"?
Yes...it is! Kudos to her for not letting anything stop her. It appears that her GPA was very solid - probably in the A-/B+ range - and her LSAT was probably sub-140 or maybe even around 130-135. If she were in the 140-150 range, she would have been admitted to at least an accredited TTT law school, especially with 34 chances and what her counselor a must have told her was at least a "decent" personal statement.

It just goes to show how useless the LSAT is. It is an incomplete test at best, one that tests one's ability to read quickly more than any other ability.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:23 am

wert3813 wrote:
Suralin wrote:I'm sorry, I don't really feel that bad for her. She basically won the lottery just by (apparently) getting a job from this TTTT school. I do feel slightly bad for all the other graduates who are likely still looking for any kind of legal job.

Also, LOL at the LSAT correlation part; one data point of somebody with a low LSAT doing presumably well in moot court == no correlation.
Where did it say she got a job? Also did anyone notice the grammatically incorrect speech in the freaking COMMERCIAL video?

Rigor v. Rigorous. In there own commercial. The narrator.
Does anyone notice that you don't even know the difference between "there" and the plural-possessive word "THEIR"? Get your own house in order before you criticize another person's mastery of the English language - or lack thereof - because you clearly have some work of your own to do.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:31 am

JesusChrist wrote:
cinephile wrote:

That isn't strange. Bakers are not public servants, whereas those persons skilled in the protection/preservation of life, liberty and property are. A public servant addresses the needs of the public at-large within the scope of his/her work, even when assisting people on an individual basis.

Anything can be a calling, but it is disingenuous for a baker to say, "Ever since I was a child, I knew the public 'needed' better gingerbread cookies; so it was my calling to become a baker."

bertrussell

New

Post by bertrussell » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 am

Last edited by bertrussell on Thu May 15, 2014 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JesusChrist

Bronze

Post by JesusChrist » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:59 pm

PDaddy wrote:
JesusChrist wrote:
cinephile wrote:

That isn't strange. Bakers are not public servants, whereas those persons skilled in the protection/preservation of life, liberty and property are. A public servant addresses the needs of the public at-large within the scope of his/her work, even when assisting people on an individual basis.

Anything can be a calling, but it is disingenuous for a baker to say, "Ever since I was a child, I knew the public 'needed' better gingerbread cookies; so it was my calling to become a baker."

What the hell? That's completely unrelated! haha

wert3813

Silver

Post by wert3813 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:35 am

Last edited by wert3813 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moonman157

Silver

Post by moonman157 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:40 am

Wow, if she really is employed, then she is the living, breathing example of a true special snowflake :shock:

Throttle

New

Post by Throttle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:44 am

This reminds me of a lawschool documentary I once saw. The lady was preparing for almost a year to sit the Bar. Turns out she didn't have enough credits and some of her classes didn't count so she couldn't sit. You all should've seen the look on the administer/professor's from Peoples college of law face when the lady told her. She had the "nu-uh noway" look lol. She then preceded to fake console her.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Throttle

New

Post by Throttle » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:51 am

MBA/JD wrote:So let me get this right, you "smart" people have way overpaid for your legal education and never learned how to practice law but she doesn't deserve to compete with you 'cause your LSAT proves your much smarter? However, when she does get the chance she kicks the ass of schools far better than your third or fourth tier ABA accredited school. I think I understand now why your bitter. Keep on hating if it helps while you pay those loans over the next 30 years.
Lmfao Hahaha

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:56 am

wert3813 wrote:
PDaddy wrote:
wert3813 wrote:
Suralin wrote:I'm sorry, I don't really feel that bad for her. She basically won the lottery just by (apparently) getting a job from this TTTT school. I do feel slightly bad for all the other graduates who are likely still looking for any kind of legal job.

Also, LOL at the LSAT correlation part; one data point of somebody with a low LSAT doing presumably well in moot court == no correlation.
Where did it say she got a job? Also did anyone notice the grammatically incorrect speech in the freaking COMMERCIAL video?

Rigor v. Rigorous. In there own commercial. The narrator.
Does anyone notice that you don't even know the difference between "there" and the plural-possessive word "THEIR"? Get your own house in order before you criticize another person's mastery of the English language - or lack thereof - because you clearly have some work of your own to do.
I bet you are just a joy to be around in real life. Yes, I will try to feel terrible about message board grammar. Love that you equate that with a fully produced and edited piece put out by a multi-million (that hyphen okay?) dollar organization.
Not really equating, just pointing out the obvious. Btw, I am sure you are much better than the one misspelling I noted. I can admit that I was just being a troll, but you left it open. Lol.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”