Rutgers U - Camden and Newark Rankings Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
BostonNJ

New

Re: Rutgers U - Camden and Newark Rankings

Post by BostonNJ » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:54 pm

wow, heard they had built a new 40 million dollar law school but didn't realize it was this nice!
Last edited by BostonNJ on Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:09 pm

They've a panoramic of it on their website

http://whereru.rutgers.edu/showcase.php ... &media=all

You can do a full 360 inside.

BostonNJ

New

Post by BostonNJ » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:11 pm

crossarmant wrote:They've a panoramic of it on their website

http://whereru.rutgers.edu/showcase.php ... &media=all

You can do a full 360 inside.
nice thanks, wow its really nice, did they renovate the library, or has it not been updated yet?

Borhas

Platinum

Post by Borhas » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:56 pm

jenesaislaw wrote: As you can see, the ranges for the last three employer types is quite large. That's hugely problematic and could have been remedied had Rutgers chosen to share more like Hastings, for example: --LinkRemoved--

So the numbers don't mean quite what you think they mean. Or, rather, you can't reasonably know they mean what you think they mean.
I wonder if that's new? I haven't seen it on the site before. I think they may have followed some of the advice I gave them.
Last edited by Borhas on Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BostonNJ

New

Post by BostonNJ » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:13 pm

WOW, the UC Hastings employment statistics should definitely be the model for all law schools. Especially those law schools that charge 40+ grand for tuition. I was flabbergasted when I saw how many low/non ranked law schools were charging upwards of 40K a year. It truly is unbelievable. Who attends these law schools???

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:21 pm

BostonNJ wrote:WOW, the UC Hastings employment statistics should definitely be the model for all law schools. Especially those law schools that charge 40+ grand for tuition. I was flabbergasted when I saw how many low/non ranked law schools were charging upwards of 40K a year. It truly is unbelievable. Who attends these law schools???
The naive who think law school = med school and the cost at any school will be justified since you'll be making $60-100k+ to start, as stated in their brochures.
Most chicks I meet IRL who are going to law school say they're going to go to Barry or some shit. But I don't want to sound like a douche so I just say "ohhh cool".

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:24 pm

NYC Law wrote:
BostonNJ wrote:WOW, the UC Hastings employment statistics should definitely be the model for all law schools. Especially those law schools that charge 40+ grand for tuition. I was flabbergasted when I saw how many low/non ranked law schools were charging upwards of 40K a year. It truly is unbelievable. Who attends these law schools???
The naive who think law school = med school and the cost at any school will be justified since you'll be making $60-100k+ to start, as stated in their brochures.
Most chicks I meet IRL who are going to law school say they're going to go to Barry or some shit. But I don't want to sound like a douche so I just say "ohhh cool".
I met a guy who told me he was a 3L at Cooley. I didn't know how to respond to that.

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:26 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
NYC Law wrote:
I met a guy who told me he was a 3L at Cooley. I didn't know how to respond to that.
"Oh, wow! That's like the #2 law school in the world!"

"Yes...yes it is."

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:33 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:
NYC Law wrote:The naive who think law school = med school and the cost at any school will be justified since you'll be making $60-100k+ to start, as stated in their brochures.
Yeah, I've met a few people here who say "Oh yeah, my cousin is going to Regent law school". Takes all of my willpower to not correct them with "You mean, Pat Robertson's School of Fake Law and Indoctrination?" It's okay, when they get out and can't find work, it's because God is testing them like Job.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Verity wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:
NYC Law wrote:
"Oh, wow! That's like the #2 law school in the world!"

"Yes...yes it is."
LOL, +1.

BostonNJ

New

Post by BostonNJ » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:40 pm

I met a Cooley kid also while in Chicago. He was talking about how his school does the official rankings for all law schools. Do they rank schools over there? I just thought he was messing around but then I heard the same jazz from some one else.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:44 pm

BostonNJ

New

Post by BostonNJ » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:47 pm

OMG, they were for real! What No. 2 after Harvard!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BostonNJ

New

Post by BostonNJ » Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:48 pm

BostonNJ wrote:
OMG, they were for real! What No. 2 after Harvard!!!
LOL, the more I read this the more redic it gets! WOW

IronHBM

New

Post by IronHBM » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:49 pm

BostonNJ wrote:I met a Cooley kid also while in Chicago. He was talking about how his school does the official rankings for all law schools. Do they rank schools over there? I just thought he was messing around but then I heard the same jazz from some one else.
Cooley ranks schools by the statistics that matter and i hope all schools follow its example. Elitist factors like the LSAT and GPA for the incoming class are given a back seat to allow room for more complete statistics such as square footage of the library and the number of birds that fly over the campus.

BostonNJ

New

Post by BostonNJ » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:34 am

IronHBM wrote:
BostonNJ wrote:I met a Cooley kid also while in Chicago. He was talking about how his school does the official rankings for all law schools. Do they rank schools over there? I just thought he was messing around but then I heard the same jazz from some one else.
Cooley ranks schools by the statistics that matter and i hope all schools follow its example. Elitist factors like the LSAT and GPA for the incoming class are given a back seat to allow room for more complete statistics such as square footage of the library and the number of birds that fly over the campus.

Wow its just so crazy how they do this ranking, I feel like they use all "their" particular strengths as the methodology! This is so bizarre, I wonder if they quote there rankings on acceptance letters and on their brochures.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:50 am

BostonNJ wrote:
IronHBM wrote:

Wow its just so crazy how they do this ranking, I feel like they use all "their" particular strengths as the methodology! This is so bizarre, I wonder if they quote there rankings on acceptance letters and on their brochures.
What next? Schools using a very small percentage of graduates reporting full time employment to display a nice looking median starting salary? Those crazy law schools and their Brochures

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bleern031

New

Post by bleern031 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:25 pm

BostonNJ wrote:Hi all,

I went to Rutgers in my undergrad year in New Brunswick and know they have been struggling with state funding recently (most state schools are in the same boat), however many other state schools in much worse situations have retained their Law schools US news rankings.

Cheers
They're struggling so much that they pay Snooki 35k to speak at RU. Nice.

BostonNJ

New

Post by BostonNJ » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:17 am

bleern031 wrote:

I went to Rutgers in my undergrad year in New Brunswick and know they have been struggling with state funding recently (most state schools are in the same boat), however many other state schools in much worse situations have retained their Law schools US news rankings.

Cheers
Keep drinking your hater aid! Man if you are so above Rutgers and Jersey why do you pay such close attention, where are you from?

mrtoren

Silver

Post by mrtoren » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:28 am

bleern031 wrote:

Cheers
Thank you for resurrecting a three month old thread with that worthless comment. Props bro.

BostonNJ

New

Post by BostonNJ » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:15 am

mrtoren wrote:
bleern031 wrote:

Cheers
Thank you for resurrecting a three month old thread with that worthless comment. Props bro.

Why you bother to respond? Props bro.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mrtoren

Silver

Post by mrtoren » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:05 pm

BostonNJ wrote:Why you bother to respond? Props bro.
Why don't you go back to minding your own business? You didn't resurrect this thread with a tidbit of news that is months old. Therefore, my comments are none of your concern. Thanks bud.

a5L

New

Post by a5L » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:55 pm

those RU pictures are extremely misleading. extremely

crossarmant

Silver

Post by crossarmant » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:08 pm

a5L wrote:those RU pictures are extremely misleading. extremely
First and third, yes. Second, not so much. Maybe one day this semester I'll go down and take some and post them in the law school pics thread.

Despite this being an old thread, I got an email from Rutgers talking about budgetary issues due to NJ govt funding, etc. I really do think that's the reason why the rankings don't display the quality as well.

mrtoren

Silver

Post by mrtoren » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:08 am

crossarmant wrote:I got an email from Rutgers talking about budgetary issues due to NJ govt funding, etc. I really do think that's the reason why the rankings don't display the quality as well.
This.

Plus, Rutgers gets penalized for admitting a high amount of URM's with lower numbers. I believe Newark's class had something like 40% URM students. We could get into a debate over the slanted nature of the USNWR rankings, but the bottom line is that RU-C and RU-N have excellent employment figures and that's what really matters.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”