GW v. Fordham Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Fordham v. GW

Poll ended at Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:59 pm

Fordham
72%
GW
28%

Total votes: 18

DAS10

New

GW v. Fordham

Post by DAS10 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:59 pm

I was accepted off of Fordham's waitlist and need to decide between GW and Fordham (both at sticker). I would save on living expenses at Fordham because I live within commuting distance. GW is giving me 7k in need-based financial aid (don't know whether Fordham will give me any yet).

I want to practice International Law after I graduate and would prefer to work in NYC after graduation. Any advice or feedback is welcome.

flexityflex86

Silver

Re: GW v. Fordham

Post by flexityflex86 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:01 pm

DAS10 wrote:I was accepted off of Fordham's waitlist and need to decide between GW and Fordham (both at sticker). I would save on living expenses at Fordham because I live within commuting distance. GW is giving me 7k in need-based financial aid (don't know whether Fordham will give me any yet).

I want to practice International Law after I graduate and would prefer to work in NYC after graduation. Any advice or feedback is welcome.
Fordham for NYC.

Living expenses = 20k a yr.

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:06 pm

You want to practice in NYC and Fordham will be significantly cheaper... this seems like a no-brainer

TheFutureLawyer

Gold

Post by TheFutureLawyer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:15 pm

NYC Law wrote:You want to practice in NYC and Fordham will be significantly cheaper... this seems like a no-brainer

DAS10

New

Post by DAS10 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:51 pm

I thought it was an easy decision too, but I was being given a hard time for choosing a lower-ranked school, and one that wasn't in DC (considering the internships I would have access too), and just needed some reassurance. Thanks for your responses!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NYC Law

Gold

Post by NYC Law » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:32 pm

DAS10 wrote:I thought it was an easy decision too, but I was being given a hard time for choosing a lower-ranked school, and one that wasn't in DC (considering the internships I would have access too), and just needed some reassurance. Thanks for your responses!
Rankings dont matter. GW/Fordham/BU/BC are all peer schools.

Good luck, and I know what you mean, I passed up some money at BU for Fordham, but in the end its about which school will best help you reach your goals.

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:42 pm

This is easy Fordham.

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:29 pm

Fordham for sure. They are peers, job opportunities In NYC are better for Fordham grads and there plenty of internships in NYC - don't need DC for that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”