LSU vs. Florida Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bendtheslurry

New

LSU vs. Florida

Post by bendtheslurry » Fri May 20, 2011 1:51 pm

Looking for advice, or just some outside perspective on what I should do. I was all set on going to LSU, but I just got accepted off the waitlist at Florida. I have until Monday to make a decision.

- I've been a Florida resident for over 20 years .. but its not like I have any "law job" connections or anything here
- Florida was my undergrad school
- Cost of attendance at either for me is roughly the same: in state sticker at Florida v. small scholly from LSU
- I don't know where I'd rather live.... rest of my life in Florida? I dont dislike it here, but I'd like to know what else is out there... I've never lived in Louisiana...I might like it more... or I might hate it....

I wasn't seriously considering LSU until I took a visit last month. I almost immediately decided thats where I wanted to go but I also wasn't expecting an offer from Florida. I know regardless of which one I choose, I will always wonder what would have happened if I went to the other school...so I guess there isn't a wrong answer for me.

Aberzombie1892

Gold

Re: LSU vs. Florida

Post by Aberzombie1892 » Fri May 20, 2011 1:59 pm

Um...that's a tough one.

I would decide where I wanted to be for the next 3+ years and choose a school based off of that.

duckmoney

Silver

Post by duckmoney » Fri May 20, 2011 2:05 pm

Employment prospects are better out of Florida, and salaries are higher. Florida is also a bigger legal market. But that's not to say you can't get a half-decent job out of LSU, although biglaw is very unlikely.

Either way, though, I wouldn't go into much if any debt to attend either of these schools right now.

Fred_McGriff

Bronze

Post by Fred_McGriff » Fri May 20, 2011 4:07 pm

UF

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri May 20, 2011 4:13 pm

Where you want to practice, but I'd lean toward FL because you're from there and its much easier to sell yourself to employers as a down-home bro

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HyeMart

Bronze

Post by HyeMart » Fri May 20, 2011 4:13 pm

when in doubt, go to the better school. At least you could partially justify your regret this way.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri May 20, 2011 4:17 pm

HyeMart wrote:when in doubt, go to the better school. At least you could partially justify your regret this way.
Neither one is truly a better school.

HyeMart

Bronze

Post by HyeMart » Fri May 20, 2011 4:26 pm

How i decided OP between two similar schools was create a pro and con list for both. While they were a lot of things on the lists, I circled the things on the list that were truly important to me. The choice then became obvious

PleaseHelpThanks

New

Post by PleaseHelpThanks » Sat May 21, 2011 2:34 am

UF>>>>>>>>>>>>LSU

Curry

Post by Curry » Sat May 21, 2011 5:10 am

rad law wrote:
HyeMart wrote:when in doubt, go to the better school. At least you could partially justify your regret this way.
Neither one is truly a better school.
Go to UF. You have ties there which will give you an advantage, however small, when it comes to getting a job that you wont get from LSU.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”