.Bump Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Where would you live?

DC
15%
Miami
6%
Orlando
1%
Jacksonville
1%
NYC
14%
ATL
3%
Chicago
12%
Boston
11%
Charlotte, NC
8%
San Diego, CA
28%

Total votes: 203

Grizz

Diamond

Re: Where would you live?

Post by Grizz » Mon May 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Cupidity wrote:Orlando is an amazing place. Reasonable cost of living, a ton of distinct sub-cities with different cultures.
I hate Orlando.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Mon May 16, 2011 6:14 pm

lol at this poll:

San Diego 24
NYC 14
DC 12
Chicago 10
Boston 8

Who on earth actually wants to live in Boston? Really? That city is... full of shitty weather and generic people. Maybe I hung out with too many college students the times I visited.

And more people want to live in DC than Chicago? I guess this is just a symptom of Chicago being in flyover country, which I've come to appreciate. The idiot tourists we do get are ridiculously friendly people from Wisconsin and such, and the pro tourists are unobtrusive and support high end restaurants and theater. Maybe people from other parts of the country find the lack of bullshit offensive.

At least San Diego is still the clear winner. Some people on this site have sense.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Mon May 16, 2011 6:15 pm

ahduth wrote:lol at this poll:

San Diego 24
NYC 14
DC 12
Chicago 10
Boston 8

Who on earth actually wants to live in Boston? Really? That city is... full of shitty weather and generic people. Maybe I hung out with too many college students the times I visited.

And more people want to live in DC than Chicago? I guess this is just a symptom of Chicago being in flyover country, which I've come to appreciate. The idiot tourists we do get are ridiculously friendly people from Wisconsin and such, and the pro tourists are unobtrusive and support high end restaurants and theater. Maybe people from other parts of the country find the lack of bullshit offensive.

At least San Diego is still the clear winner. Some people on this site have sense.
I'll visit San Diego and get back to you.

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Mon May 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Who picked the cities up in this auction?

Where are LA and Phoenix, and SF?

From the ones listed, if finances and jobs weren't a concern, Miami. The theater industry is growing tremendously, and the weather is the best in the country.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Mon May 16, 2011 6:27 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:Who picked the cities up in this auction?

From the ones listed, if finances and jobs weren't a concern, Miami. The theater industry is growing tremendously, and the weather is the best in the country.
Phoenix? Have you been to Phoenix?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Mon May 16, 2011 7:50 pm

ahduth wrote:

No. But I am a Phoenix

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon May 16, 2011 7:52 pm

northwood wrote:
ahduth wrote:

No. But I am a Phoenix
Your song 1901 is pretty damn catchy.

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Mon May 16, 2011 7:53 pm

ahduth wrote:
flexityflex86 wrote:Who picked the cities up in this auction?

Yeah, briefly. I liked the weather and affordable housing. I also like the sports teams.

Mr.JD2015

New

Post by Mr.JD2015 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:50 pm

For the record, I was born, raised, and currently live in DC. The locations were picked based on where I was applying to law school. Do you really think I would leave out LA and the rest of those great cities out? I just need some feedback on what's the best place to live that doesn't have shitty weather (or at least weather I could put up with), safety, and jobs.....My top are Miami, San Diego, Boston, DC. I am currently a senior attending the University of Vermont so you can take a wild guess on why I chose Boston lol.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Mr.JD2015

New

Post by Mr.JD2015 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:53 pm

How about a new list?

San Diego
LA
Miami
NYC
DC
MD
VA
Boston
Chicago
Seattle
San Fran

P.S. I refuse to live in Texas

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Tue May 17, 2011 12:06 am

Mr.JD2015 wrote:How about a new list?

San Diego
LA
Miami
NYC
DC
MD
VA
Boston
Chicago
Seattle
San Fran

P.S. I refuse to live in Texas
Ah yes, the great cities of Maryland and Virginia!

Magnolia

Silver

Post by Magnolia » Tue May 17, 2011 12:15 am

Mr.JD2015 wrote:For the record, I was born, raised, and currently live in DC. The locations were picked based on where I was applying to law school. Do you really think I would leave out LA and the rest of those great cities out? I just need some feedback on what's the best place to live that doesn't have shitty weather (or at least weather I could put up with), safety, and jobs.....My top are Miami, San Diego, Boston, DC. I am currently a senior attending the University of Vermont so you can take a wild guess on why I chose Boston lol.
You're looking for cities without shitty weather and you included NYC, Chicago and Boston on your list? LOL.

dr123

Gold

Post by dr123 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:16 am

Seattle, hands down.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Tue May 17, 2011 12:54 am

ahduth wrote:lol at this poll:

San Diego 24
NYC 14
DC 12
Chicago 10
Boston 8

Generic people? Rut roh, hipster alert on TLS.

flexityflex86

Silver

Post by flexityflex86 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:18 am

Anywhere with a good job, and American values.

Perfect city:

The West Village with Miami weather and Atlanta COL.

Also random q:

Do USC/UCLA place well in San Diego? As well as USD?
Last edited by flexityflex86 on Tue May 17, 2011 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

bellamy

New

Post by bellamy » Tue May 17, 2011 1:20 am

BaiAilian2013 wrote:
bellamy wrote:You include Jacksonville and Orlando but leave out the out all of the Southwest and most of the West Coast ? Boy you must have failed 3rd grade geography.
... or he has certain cities that are options for certain reasons. Start your own thread if you want a city popularity contest.
That wasn't the question. The question was" where would you live?". My response was I wouldn't live in any of those places, although I have actually lived in 7 of them and that he should broaden his geographical horizons. You misread the question as "Where should I live?" but that wasn't the questioned he asked. You may start your own thread if you wish to make up new questions.

Mr.JD2015

New

Post by Mr.JD2015 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:29 am

@Magnolia lol.....I mean for me it's either a city or the beach like atmosphere for me...I guess we can toss weather out of the conversation lol.

This is what I'm looking for (I guess):

An area that has a strong political/legal market
Somewhat safe
COL has to be on point (I don't wanna spend more than $1200 per month)
Lots to do (Clubs, bars, restaurants, etc..)
Women! lol (Single women-lol)

Pretty much I'm a city boy and willing to explore areas like the beach-like areas. I love being in the city but a city that will have lots of things to do and COL won't hurt me as much. My family want me to stay on the east coast so if you have to pick which east coast location would live at and also, which west coast location would you live at (if I were to head west)?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:49 am

What are your numbers and where are you from?
That is what matters.

Mr.JD2015

New

Post by Mr.JD2015 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:28 am

2.7, 160 AA Male

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:37 am

Mr.JD2015 wrote:2.7, 160 AA Male
Go here:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... m.php?f=14

They will give you better advice about where to apply and what to do in your situation.

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:47 am

If the DC area costs as much as NYC then you are doing something wrong.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Mr.JD2015

New

Post by Mr.JD2015 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:50 am

@AreJay711

I just dont want to live in a shoe box in the area I will be attending law school. I love DC, but I want to see what else is out there before I start to say I want to live back in DC. Miami and San Diego are appealing to me so IDK.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Tue May 17, 2011 3:27 pm

Magnolia wrote:
Mr.JD2015 wrote:For the record, I was born, raised, and currently live in DC. The locations were picked based on where I was applying to law school. Do you really think I would leave out LA and the rest of those great cities out? I just need some feedback on what's the best place to live that doesn't have shitty weather (or at least weather I could put up with), safety, and jobs.....My top are Miami, San Diego, Boston, DC. I am currently a senior attending the University of Vermont so you can take a wild guess on why I chose Boston lol.
You're looking for cities without shitty weather and you included NYC, Chicago and Boston on your list? LOL.
Look hon, that two feet of snow they dumped on Chicago in a single night this year was a one time event.

Promise.

Ikki

Bronze

Post by Ikki » Thu May 19, 2011 3:48 am

Horchata wrote:I voted for everywhere but San Diego. It sucks...seriously, don't even visit.
You think you're the shit just cuz you're going to USC?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu May 19, 2011 3:57 am

Chicago obviously.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”