UCLA vs PENN. 3 days to decide Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
dpk711

Silver

Re: UCLA vs PENN. 3 days to decide

Post by dpk711 » Sat May 07, 2011 2:39 pm

POLL

xcountryjunkie

Bronze

Post by xcountryjunkie » Mon May 09, 2011 12:12 pm

Penn.

fingersxd

Silver

Post by fingersxd » Mon May 23, 2011 3:22 pm

bruinkid8 wrote:Thanks everyone for the advice. I'm going to just lay on the beach all day saturday and think to myself "hmmmm, do I really want to leave this?" If i can come to terms with it, then I'll see you all at Penn. If not, then I'll be back in Westwood.
OP, what did you end up picking? I assume Penn, right?

helloperson

Bronze

Post by helloperson » Wed May 25, 2011 3:54 am

If I were in the same position, I would choose UCLA. My entire family is in socal along with the majority of my friends, and I would be absolutely fucking miserable spending another 3 years in a city with shit weather. Bad weather makes me feel glum, which makes me perform worse academically. I do my best work when the rest of my life is happy, and it's California all the way.

gmail

Silver

Post by gmail » Wed May 25, 2011 9:19 am

trudat15 wrote:
bruinkid8 wrote:Not a joke. I guess I'm hesitant to leave LA for 3 years in Philadelphia merely based on the "better placement" argument that I've heard before.
Dont understand why this argument wouldnt be enough to have you leave LA. The point of law school is to get a job, not to hang out with friends and family for 3 years.
I can just picture you sending your kids off to school...'THE POINT OF KINDERGARTEN IS TO EXCEL AND MOVE ON TO 1ST GRADE, NOT TO MAKE FRIENDS.' Go take a walk and breath some fresh air.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kevinbacon

New

Post by kevinbacon » Wed May 25, 2011 11:53 am

This is nutso. UPenn, hands down.

ahduth

Gold

Post by ahduth » Thu May 26, 2011 1:02 pm

gmail wrote:
trudat15 wrote:
bruinkid8 wrote:Not a joke. I guess I'm hesitant to leave LA for 3 years in Philadelphia merely based on the "better placement" argument that I've heard before.
Dont understand why this argument wouldnt be enough to have you leave LA. The point of law school is to get a job, not to hang out with friends and family for 3 years.
I can just picture you sending your kids off to school...'THE POINT OF KINDERGARTEN IS TO EXCEL AND MOVE ON TO 1ST GRADE, NOT TO MAKE FRIENDS.' Go take a walk and breath some fresh air.
Shit. If I'm paying 75k for my kid's kindergarten, they damn well better be excelling and moving on to the first grade.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”