Marquette vs UW-Madison Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
SkyDive1986

New

Marquette vs UW-Madison

Post by SkyDive1986 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:17 pm

I was accepted to UW-Madison today....that was not expected. I was planning on attending Marquette in the fall...now it looks like I have a decision to make.

What do you guys think? Both schools have their strengths..and Marquette will cost me twice as much since I'm a WI resident and UW ends up being so cheap.

Any opinions are appreciated!

ndirish2010

Gold

Re: Marquette vs UW-Madison

Post by ndirish2010 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:19 pm

Is this even a question? Let's see, I can go to a worse school for more money, or a better school for less money, where should I go?

sambeber

Bronze

Post by sambeber » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:20 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:Is this even a question? Let's see, I can go to a worse school for more money, or a better school for less money, where should I go?
This.

scammedhard

Silver

Post by scammedhard » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:21 pm

UWisc-Madison. There is nothing to decide here...

langdonbadger

New

Post by langdonbadger » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:28 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:Is this even a question? Let's see, I can go to a worse school for more money, or a better school for less money, where should I go?
+1, with a huge "Duh" factor added on.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SkyDive1986

New

Post by SkyDive1986 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:03 pm

Ok Ok. Rankings and tuition cost point to UW -- obviously I already knew that. But, maybe someone has particular insight into why Marquette\Madison ended up being better for them aside from the money.

sambeber

Bronze

Post by sambeber » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:08 pm

SkyDive1986 wrote:I was accepted to UW-Madison today....that was not expected. I was planning on attending Marquette in the fall...now it looks like I have a decision to make.

What do you guys think? Both schools have their strengths..and Marquette will cost me twice as much since I'm a WI resident and UW ends up being so cheap.

Any opinions are appreciated!
Okay, you say both schools have their strengths. That's true. Tell us a little bit about what each respective schools' strengths are to you, for your particular situation. What attracts you to each place?

Geography, desired career path, financial situation, significant other, preferred place to spend three years, Jesuit vs. large public school, Big Ten vs. Big East sports, etc. Then it will be easier to make a recommendation, on balance.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”