"The Decision" Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Re: "The Decision"

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:23 am

NOLA Proud wrote:
The Stig wrote:Yay for another gem = Decision 2011: Michael Lanahan's Law School Signing Day

these keep getting weirder and weirder...

That is actually pretty funny.

The other one is just unintentional comedy because of the awkwardness.
Oh Christ. The bit with the hats in this one. From someone who has spent too much time in Hyde Park, this guy is going to pull off a Cortes and be godlike-revered once he gets there. (sorry, i spoiled it... he chose the highest ranked of his three schools.) Intellectually, I know it is not funny. Yet, reactionary as it was, I laughed.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:30 am

buckilaw wrote:
The Gentleman wrote:As a lifelong Cleveland sports fan who had their heart ripped out by "The Decision", I feel like this kid is mocking my misery. There's not much that we Cleveland fans can take pride in, so we own our heartbreak. Don't you dare demean the last thing we have left.
Duce, I wish you well and am glad you have decided on attending Michigan but as a fellow lifelong Cleveland sports fan I can say that the Gentleman's post is credited.
I will never understand why LeBron leaving hurt Cleveland SO much. Maybe if you had an owner that was worth a shit and brought in talent to play with him he wouldn't have left. I mean, if your boss was going to say those things after you decide to take a new job, would that have been a place you would have considered still working at? It was a self-inflicted wound and I do not feel bad for them, sorry.

jrose5

Silver

Post by jrose5 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:38 am

birdlaw117 wrote:
buckilaw wrote:
The Gentleman wrote:As a lifelong Cleveland sports fan who had their heart ripped out by "The Decision", I feel like this kid is mocking my misery. There's not much that we Cleveland fans can take pride in, so we own our heartbreak. Don't you dare demean the last thing we have left.
Duce, I wish you well and am glad you have decided on attending Michigan but as a fellow lifelong Cleveland sports fan I can say that the Gentleman's post is credited.
I will never understand why LeBron leaving hurt Cleveland SO much. Maybe if you had an owner that was worth a shit and brought in talent to play with him he wouldn't have left. I mean, if your boss was going to say those things after you decide to take a new job, would that have been a place you would have considered still working at? It was a self-inflicted wound and I do not feel bad for them, sorry.
I don't think the fact that Lebron left was a huge deal... he wanted to win a championship badly, that's understandable. It's the way he did it that was tacky and offensive to the Cavaliers. At least, that's just my speculation....

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:43 am

jrose5 wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
buckilaw wrote:
I don't think the fact that Lebron left was a huge deal... he wanted to win a championship badly, that's understandable. It's the way he did it that was tacky and offensive to the Cavaliers. At least, that's just my speculation....
I think so too, but I also take issue with that. When you have to opportunity to raise a lot of money for the Boys and Girls Club (something he had done many times before), why would you not do it? But I guess all these Cavs fans would rather not have to hear LeBron say it live than give money to charity... :roll:

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:11 am

birdlaw117 wrote: I think so too, but I also take issue with that. When you have to opportunity to raise a lot of money for the Boys and Girls Club (something he had done many times before), why would you not do it? But I guess all these Cavs fans would rather not have to hear LeBron say it live than give money to charity... :roll:
Dude, there's no way around it. The way he handled his move to Miami was tacky, self-centered, and classless, regardless of whether or not any money went to charity. If the guy was dying to help out a good cause, there were plenty of better ways he could have done it. And I would be pretty upset if I was a Cavs fan, too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ty Webb

Silver

Post by Ty Webb » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:17 am

These videos give me OCI-related confidence.

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:25 am

LOL at the comment that said, "This is why law schools should interview before admission."

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:28 am

Meh.

I cared about the whole Lebron thing about as much as I cared about this guys decision. Its a personal video, no idea why a big deal was made out of it.

Zabini

Bronze

Post by Zabini » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:31 am

beachbum wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote: I think so too, but I also take issue with that. When you have to opportunity to raise a lot of money for the Boys and Girls Club (something he had done many times before), why would you not do it? But I guess all these Cavs fans would rather not have to hear LeBron say it live than give money to charity... :roll:
Dude, there's no way around it. The way he handled his move to Miami was tacky, self-centered, and classless, regardless of whether or not any money went to charity. If the guy was dying to help out a good cause, there were plenty of better ways he could have done it. And I would be pretty upset if I was a Cavs fan, too.
yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The only thing that upset me about The Decision was how they kept insisting "LeBron will announce within the first 10 minutes" beforehand but it actually took like a half hour. The way Cleveland fans, Cavaliers ownership, and the national sports media (on behalf of the poor, aggrieved, horrifically victimized Cleveland fans of course) reacted afterwards was beyond absurd.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Duce

New

Post by Duce » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:40 am

One of the people mentioned in the video said that they weren't entirely comfortable with it, so it's going private again.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Zabini wrote:
beachbum wrote:

The only thing that upset me about The Decision was how they kept insisting "LeBron will announce within the first 10 minutes" beforehand but it actually took like a half hour. The way Cleveland fans, Cavaliers ownership, and the national sports media (on behalf of the poor, aggrieved, horrifically victimized Cleveland fans of course) reacted afterwards was beyond absurd.
Cool story bro. If you can't understand why Cavs fans were a little perturbed, you're probably an idiot.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:43 pm

beachbum wrote:
Zabini wrote:
beachbum wrote:

Cool story bro. If you can't understand why Cavs fans were a little perturbed, you're probably an idiot.
So, you think the rational side was the one burning jerseys, etc.? Really?

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:48 pm

i think people are overreacting?

the video poster meant it as a joke...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:10 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:So, you think the rational side was the one burning jerseys, etc.? Really?
No, of course not. I think it's perfectly rational to be upset about the way he left, but obviously vandalizing his house, sending death threats, and burning him in effigy went a little past the line of reason/sanity. But I would venture to guess that most Cavs fans didn't do those things.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:57 pm

beachbum wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:So, you think the rational side was the one burning jerseys, etc.? Really?
No, of course not. I think it's perfectly rational to be upset about the way he left, but obviously vandalizing his house, sending death threats, and burning him in effigy went a little past the line of reason/sanity. But I would venture to guess that most Cavs fans didn't do those things.
I would love to continue this, but we are WAY off topic. Agree to disagree?

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:29 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
beachbum wrote:
Ha, yeah. Though in all fairness, "staying on topic" consists of discussing some dude who made an awkward youtube video about his law school decision.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:31 pm

beachbum wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:
beachbum wrote:
Ha, yeah. Though in all fairness, "staying on topic" consists of discussing some dude who made an awkward youtube video about his law school decision.
Haha, touche.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Zabini

Bronze

Post by Zabini » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:48 pm

beachbum wrote:
Zabini wrote:
beachbum wrote:

roi being on topic.

I can understand Cavs fans being upset that the only reason their team was even slightly decent (let alone a perennial contender) decided to leave.

I can't understand the Cavs owner writing the absurdly childish and hateful letter that he did.

I can't understand Cavs fans constantly talking about "F that guy, he never did shit for us."

I can't understand Cavs fans burning his jersey in the street and having a riot over the whole affair.

I can't understand the national media burying and vilifying him for months after the fact.

I can't understand everyone who underrates his basketball ability or spews dumb nonsense like "This proves that he doesn't have killer instinct/that he isn't an alpha dog," or the absurd overrating/revisionist history of Kobe Bryant that has come out of this.
Last edited by Zabini on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:58 pm

Zabini wrote:
roi being on topic.

I can understand Cavs fans being upset that the only reason their team was even slightly decent (let alone a perennial contender) decided to leave.

I can't understand the Cavs owner writing the absurdly childish and hateful letter that he did.

I can't understand Cavs fans constantly talking about "F that guy, he never shit for us."

I can't understand Cavs fans burning his jersey in the street and having a riot over the whole affair.

I can't understand the national media burying and vilifying him for months after the fact.

I can't understand everyone who underrates his basketball ability or spews dumb nonsense like "This proves that he doesn't have killer instinct/that he isn't an alpha dog," or the absurd overrating/revisionist history of Kobe Bryant that has come out of this.
Best responses to his commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8eFNcEFWSw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaCH17Wj_uE

The MJ one is awesome

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:59 pm

There is no revisionist history of Kobe Bryant. He was hitting gamewinning shots in the finals with injuries with Shaq on the sideline before LeBron was even known.

dabbadon8

Silver

Post by dabbadon8 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:00 pm

Flips88 wrote:
Zabini wrote:
roi being on topic.

I can't understand Cavs fans constantly talking about "F that guy, he never shit for us."

Best responses to his commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8eFNcEFWSw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaCH17Wj_uE

The MJ one is awesome
This one is better but definitely much more racy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVI_7k4V_kk

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Flips88

Diamond

Post by Flips88 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:01 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:
This one is bettershitty but definitely much more racychildish and homophobic...

FTFY

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:03 pm

Flips88 wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:
This one is bettershitty but definitely much more racychildish and homophobic...

FTFY
Yeah, that wasn't the slightest bit funny.

dabbadon8

Silver

Post by dabbadon8 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:15 pm

I forgot the internet was so politically correct.

aliarrow

Silver

Post by aliarrow » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:19 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:I forgot the internet was so politically correct.
There's a difference between racy and non-funny stupidity that would entertain only a male middle school crowd at best.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”