Chicago Kent vs. William Mitchell Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Chicago Kent vs. William Mitchell

Kent at 3 year total of 54k
50%
William Mitchell at 3 year total of 24k
50%

Total votes: 10

metallaura

New

Chicago Kent vs. William Mitchell

Post by metallaura » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:25 am

OK, So I know Kent is a better school but I'm not too excited about living in Chicago. William Mitchel gave me 75% so my total 3 year tuition would be about 24k and Kent gave me a decent scholly so my 3 year total there would be 54k.

PLEASE HELP! THANKS :D

metallaura

New

Re: Chicago Kent vs. William Mitchell

Post by metallaura » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:02 pm

anyone have input for me :D

drleather

New

Post by drleather » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:27 pm

If you want to live in Minnesota, and don't mind the idea of making between $40K and $60K when you graduate, then do William Mitchell.

Otherwise, because you don't want to live in Chicago (which is the only place Kent will help you), don't go this time around.

masochist

Bronze

Post by masochist » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:32 pm

drleather wrote:If you want to live in Minnesota, and don't mind the idea of making between $40K and $60K when you graduate, then do William Mitchell.

Otherwise, because you don't want to live in Chicago (which is the only place Kent will help you), don't go this time around.
Of the three T2 Chicago schools Kent probably has the best regional reach, but it still isn't that great. Also the employment numbers out of the Chicago T2s are scary. I'd go to William Mitchell or try again next cycle.

Magnolia

Silver

Post by Magnolia » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:38 pm

Kent puts very steep stipulations on their scholarships, so I would take it out of consideration.

If there are low or no stipulations on the William Mitchell scholarship and you are willing to work in Minnesota, that seems like a pretty good option. If either of those conditions aren't true, then you should reevaluate/retake/reapply.

metallaura

New

Post by metallaura » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Thanks. Well, I want to live in Wisconsin, preferably Madison so I plan to move home after I graduate. Right now I'm leaning toward WMCL. I'm gonna try to visit both schools before making a decision. They've been pretty cool about extending the deadline so I can visit.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”