UGA v Reapply next year Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
droges

Bronze

UGA v Reapply next year

Post by droges » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:55 pm

So my stats are 3.65 and 163, 167. I applied late february and got an offer from UGA which would make tuition 10k per year. I didnt receive any money from the other schools where I was accepted and was weightlisted a bunch of places. I am deciding between UGA and applying early next year (and retake in June b/c I did bad on half the games section). Location doesnt matter, i want to maximize employment opportunities but also keep debt low (UGA would be like 48k in total). If I aplied early next cycle, does anyone have a rough estimate on the amount of money I could get from GWU, BU or comparable schools? Thanks for the help

droges

Bronze

Re: UGA v Reapply next year

Post by droges » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:17 pm

Any recommendations?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:26 pm

Indiana should offer you $120,000 over three years. Out-of-state (non-resident) tuition is about $43,000 per year. But employment prospects may not satisfy your goals.
Consider reapplying early next year.

droges

Bronze

Post by droges » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Indiana wasnt really of interest, though I was thinking BC, BU, GWU, Notre Dame, USC, and maybe some schools in the teens if I increase my score

dougroberts

Bronze

Post by dougroberts » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:13 pm

This thread may help a little:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 3&t=153228
(read the title, and then at least the first page of posts).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

droges

Bronze

Post by droges » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:35 am

I know its difficult to predict possible scholarship offers, but I know schools have ranges for applicants with certain credentials, anyone have any thoughts?

lawboy81

New

Post by lawboy81 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:57 am

I'd go to UGA. It's probably one of the better values in legal education in terms of bang for your buck. Even if you reapply next year and get into BU/BC you'll probably be paying more on tuition and much more on COL with job prospects that may not be any better (seems like the job prosepects will mostly depend on how Atlanta and Boston's economies prform over the nxt few years). GW/ Wash U/ ND are a little more national -- maybe I'd pick one of them with some money over UGA though, again, not sure how much better job prospcts are as GW students face stiff competition for DC jobs, ND face stiff cmpetition for Chicago jobs, and St. Louis's legal market is smaller than Atlanta's.

droges

Bronze

Post by droges » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:23 pm

Does anyone know how the Atlanta currently looks or how it forecasts into the future?

Some Person

New

Post by Some Person » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:26 pm

droges wrote:Does anyone know how the Atlanta currently looks or how it forecasts into the future?
From a couple things I've heard, biglaw in Atlanta is down quite a bit (although it is in most of the country). Small law firms and midlaw are doing okay. The job market may be starting to recover a bit, but it's too early to really tell. That said, Atlanta seems to be a relatively healthy secondary market (although it is certainly down at the moment). That's a pretty vague answer, but that seems to be the vibe I'm getting from a couple friends in Georgia. I'm also looking at UGA for law school in the fall.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

droges

Bronze

Post by droges » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:30 pm

Does anyone know of comparable markets, and markets doing worse and better than Atlanta?

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:40 pm

If you think you can raise your LSAT score 2-3 points, go for it. Just depends how much you studied and how good/bad you do on test day. I scored near the upper limit of my PT scores test day, some people do average or low.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”