Can someone solve the BC/BU mystery for me? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ls24

New

Can someone solve the BC/BU mystery for me?

Post by ls24 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:45 am

It seems like BC used to be the better school and then in 2005 they switched and have stayed that way since.. i just came back from visiting both and just don't understand why BC fell in the rankings so much. Its campus is a million times better, it seems so have slightly better job placement numbers (although very similar), more notable and loyal alumni, and BC undergrad is much better. To top it off everyone seems to say BC is the more collegial/friendly school to study. Can someone explain what happened and why??

AreJay711

Gold

Re: Can someone solve the BC/BU mystery for me?

Post by AreJay711 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:49 am

The rankings aren't the end-all-be-all for which school is better. BU started doing better on a couple of the measurments used by USNWR and boom they are ranked higher. It doesn't mean they are significantly better in what actually matters.

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-gr ... ology-2012

HeavenWood

Gold

Re: Can someone solve the BC/BU mystery for me?

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:57 am

ls24 wrote:It seems like BC used to be the better school and then in 2005 they switched and have stayed that way since.. i just came back from visiting both and just don't understand why BC fell in the rankings so much. Its campus is a million times better, it seems so have slightly better job placement numbers (although very similar), more notable and loyal alumni, and BC undergrad is much better. To top it off everyone seems to say BC is the more collegial/friendly school to study. Can someone explain what happened and why??
BC has a slight edge in NLJ 250 placement, but BU is supposedly the more national school. Either way, I wouldn't spend significantly more money for one over the other.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”