Tis the season. Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
flcath

Silver

Re: Tis the season.

Post by flcath » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:13 pm

ITT:

Southern Hospitality

glewz

Silver

Post by glewz » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:14 pm

flcath wrote:ITT:

Southern Hospitality
LOL :D

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:17 pm

bport hopeful wrote:Im not talking about law students alone, Im talking about general public. Take a statistics class.

Ive spent a lot of time in Pittsburgh and really like it. Its one of the nation's top cities on the rise, and the country's number one most livable city, so idk where that came from. But yeah, overall really helpful.
And I would argue that anyone considering these schools is lucky to have survived this long without choking to death on his own spit.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:18 pm

beachbum wrote:
bport hopeful wrote:Im not talking about law students alone, Im talking about general public. Take a statistics class.

Ive spent a lot of time in Pittsburgh and really like it. Its one of the nation's top cities on the rise, and the country's number one most livable city, so idk where that came from. But yeah, overall really helpful.
And I would argue that anyone considering these schools is lucky to have survived this long without choking to death on his own spit.
Argue it. Now. Please.

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:18 pm

MattThiessen wrote:When did you apply? You have a 166 and that's the magic # at IUB. You should get $100k+ if they are still giving those schollys out. If that happens, I think that's your best choice.

Otherwise, I think Emory would be your best choice.

It would help if you would put in the total cost of attendance for each school b/c I don't know Pitt's tuition vs. Emory's tuition vs. the Others off the top of my head. Also, If you really don't like the south, you should be able to use your Emory scholarship to negotiate for more $ out of Pitt.
IUB's first commitment deadline was Friday, so you should see some movement soon.

I definitely think you should visit Emory, though, to figure out whether or not you'd like it. Big cities are often a little more sophisticated than the region in which they're located. Atlanta has Coke, Delta and CNN, et al (9 Fortune 500 companies), so I imagine there are quite a few bright people there. And my college friends from Atlanta don't have accents. If you don't like it, that's fine, but it's worth checking out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:20 pm

Lwoods wrote:
MattThiessen wrote:When did you apply? You have a 166 and that's the magic # at IUB. You should get $100k+ if they are still giving those schollys out. If that happens, I think that's your best choice.

Otherwise, I think Emory would be your best choice.

It would help if you would put in the total cost of attendance for each school b/c I don't know Pitt's tuition vs. Emory's tuition vs. the Others off the top of my head. Also, If you really don't like the south, you should be able to use your Emory scholarship to negotiate for more $ out of Pitt.
IUB's first commitment deadline was Friday, so you should see some movement soon.

I definitely think you should visit Emory, though, to figure out whether or not you'd like it. Big cities are often a little more sophisticated than the region in which they're located. Atlanta has Coke, Delta and CNN, et al (9 Fortune 500 companies), so I imagine there are quite a few bright people there. And my college friends from Atlanta don't have accents. If you don't like it, that's fine, but it's worth checking out.
Thanks, I appreciate helpful answers.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Southern Hospitality
haha, if anything we're perpetuating the confrontational stereotype that the OP seems so fond of. But whatever. I'm not even a southerner, I just think OP comes off as a raging douche.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:24 pm

beachbum wrote:

Southern Hospitality
haha, if anything we're perpetuating the confrontational stereotype that the OP seems so fond of. But whatever. I'm not even a southerner, I just think OP comes off as a raging douche.
Honestly, I knew that thats how it would come off, but the lifestyle change/southern stigma is a realistic fear of mine and I was hoping that I could get some insight on it, which I have. I have tried to be apologetic about these fears and have ensured readers over and over again that I did not mean to offend anyone and that i know that my view of the south is not a reflection of reality. idk what else I could have done. Then people like yourself came in and started ripping me apart when all i wanted was some advice. Whose the real douche?

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:25 pm

bport hopeful wrote:
beachbum wrote:

Southern Hospitality
Honestly, I knew that thats how it would come off, but the lifestyle change/southern stigma is a realistic fear of mine and I was hoping that I could get some insight on it, which I have. I have tried to be apologetic about these fears and have ensured readers over and over again that I did not mean to offend anyone and that i know that my view of the south is not a reflection of reality. idk what else I could have done. Then people like yourself came in and started ripping me apart when all i wanted was some advice. Whose the real douche?
Still you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:26 pm

haha saw that coming.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”