Boston College vs. Wake Forest-Comparable Scholarships Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Wake vs. BC

Wake Forest (30k/year, top 2/3 of class stipulation)
12%
Boston College (28k/year, no stipulation)
88%

Total votes: 33

agw5034

New

Boston College vs. Wake Forest-Comparable Scholarships

Post by agw5034 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:30 am

So I've obviously been accepted to both (among others) and have pretty much narrowed it down to either BC or Wake. Wake has offered me 30k per year with a top 2/3 stipulation, and BC has offered me 28k a year with no stipulations. I loved Boston, and thought Winston Salem was meh...but I do like the idea of it being warm and golf weather 9 months/year, and the fact that Wake really only has UNC to compete with for jobs in the NC area, while BC needless to say has a decent amount of competition from other Boston schools. Please hit me with some wisdom TLS. Wake's seat deposit is due in a week.

Thanks guys!

EDIT: Winston-Salem's preposterously cheap cost of living is weighing on my mind too. Not incredibly heavily...but it does make that cost gap a little more than the $2k difference in scholarships.
Last edited by agw5034 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

bergg007

Bronze

Re: Boston College vs. Wake Forest-Comparable Scholarships

Post by bergg007 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:38 am

agw5034 wrote:So I've obviously been accepted to both (among others) and have pretty much narrowed it down to either BC or Wake. Wake has offered me 30k per year with a top 2/3 stipulation, and BC has offered me 28k a year with no stipulations. I loved Boston, and thought Winston Salem was meh...but I do like the idea of it being warm and golf weather 9 months/year, and the fact that Wake really only has UNC to compete with for jobs in the NC area, while BC needless to say has a decent amount of competition from other Boston schools. Please hit me with some wisdom TLS. Wake's seat deposit is due in a week.

Thanks guys!

What you don't think that People at Duke go to jobs in NC? C'mon man not everyone is top 25% and they all want to be employed. Wake is a hard sell compared to BC I think It all depends on where you want to end up. If you want to live in NC or the south in general, Wake>BC otherwise BC<<Wake

snapdragon

Silver

Post by snapdragon » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:30 am

Unless you want to live in the Southeast and know that, I'd take BC in a heartbeat.

You can live reasonably (not as cheaply as Winston-Salem) in the Boston area and BC has a very strong name/alumni network in the Northeast.

whereto4law

New

Post by whereto4law » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:26 am

BC hands down - its reputation alone would give you a better shot even at some of the better firms in the southeast.

tram988

Silver

Post by tram988 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:29 am

BC >>>> Wake. See the NLJ250 stats.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

agw5034

New

Post by agw5034 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:33 am

bump...appreciate the insight so far, pretty sure I have my mind made up. Any other opinions?

2things2

Bronze

Post by 2things2 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:53 am

chowdah.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:14 am

Best financial decision: BC

Best NC/southeast decision: Wake

Best northeast decision: BC

The only thing Wake has going for it is better southeast placement. If you know you want the southeast then go there. Otherwise, BC every single time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”