Wake Forest or George Mason? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
wvbob3

New

Wake Forest or George Mason?

Post by wvbob3 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to get a few people's opinions on which they think would be the better school for me. I've been accepted to both already, and for a while I was also debating U. of Iowa, but which do you think would be preferable. I am inclined to think I want to practice law in Virginia after I graduate and GM has a good Intellectual Property curriculum, but WF offered me $15,000 a year in scholarship money. Any thought?

Thanks!

northwood

Platinum

Re: Wake Forest or George Mason?

Post by northwood » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:21 pm

if you want virginia- then go to George Mason. If you want Carolina- then go to Wake Forest. If you are happy at either place- then go to wake with money. Before you decide- take a trip and spend a few days in both areas and see how you like it. Factor that into your decision making formula( or process). I wouldnt go to Iowa unless you want the midwest ( iowa)

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Just don't go to GM thinking that you will practice in D.C. Or that you will get biglaw in DC

MattThiessen

Bronze

Post by MattThiessen » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:00 pm

wvbob3 wrote:Hi everyone,

I just wanted to get a few people's opinions on which they think would be the better school for me. I've been accepted to both already, and for a while I was also debating U. of Iowa, but which do you think would be preferable. I am inclined to think I want to practice law in Virginia after I graduate and GM has a good Intellectual Property curriculum, but WF offered me $15,000 a year in scholarship money. Any thought?

Thanks!
Are you a Virginia resident?

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:Just don't go to GM thinking that you will practice in D.C. Or that you will get biglaw in DC

Nicholasnickynic

Silver

Post by Nicholasnickynic » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:05 pm

Super Lawyers= Voted by other lawyers as being kick ass.

WAKE FOREST:
http://www.superlawyers.com/toplists/la ... lina/2011/

22% of super lawyers in the state of north carolina come from Wake Forest. That is second only to UNC, who have 38% due to a much larger class size.

GEORGE MASON:
http://www.superlawyers.com/toplists/la ... n-dc/2010/
http://www.superlawyers.com/toplists/la ... inia/2010/

GM Does not even make the top ten list for super lawyer schools for D.C. If we give them the benefit of the doubt, and assume they are right off the list, at #11, then they have, at most, 2% of D.C.s super lawyers- and thats giving them the benefit of the doubt.

GM is #6 for VA super lawyers though!- 4% :roll:

Look at the schools wake grads are up against- and how they do.
Look at the schools that GM grads are up against- and how they do.

Go to wake. They are much much much stronger in their market. If you have to practice in DC or Va, retake, reapply.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”