Best choice not in target market? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which?

UVa [full tuition scholly]
48%
Cornell [35k/yr]
9%
UChicago [30k/yr]
33%
NYU [sticker, but no COL expenses]
7%
RETAKE DONT GO TO LAW SCHOOL!!!
2%

Total votes: 96

Berry

New

Re: Best choice not in target market?

Post by Berry » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:17 pm

Granted, I overstated it in the OP--I concede that. But I'm just trying to be cautious in not necessarily assuming that I'm going to be a GPA superstar. I've seen threads in which posters get eviscerated for suggesting that median there would get you to NYC. Also, if you look at that chart I posted, from their own data, "only" 235 graduates have gone to NYC from the past three classes, of which some were pre-ITE. Of course, that is probably largely self-selection, but it's still something to think about.

When the poll started, Chicago was running a lot more tightly, but I'm glad the results now favor what I was already leaning towards.

swc65

Silver

Post by swc65 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:27 pm

Veyron wrote:Seriously, you people are all idiots. FULL TUITION at UVA and you vote for 150k in debt at the school ranked slightly higher? :roll:

Seriously though! NYU and Cornell should not even be in the running. I guess the difference between Uchi and UVA is ~45K for ~10% better placement into biglaw. Not that much, but not pocket change either. The difference in placement isn't that great, but not negligible either. I personally would pick UVA and not look back.

DELETE NYU AND CORNELL FROM THE OPTIONS, FO SHO

adt231

Bronze

Post by adt231 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:54 am

Veyron wrote:Seriously, you people are all idiots. FULL TUITION at UVA and you vote for 150k in debt at the school ranked slightly higher? :roll:
Put rather callously, but TITCR

adt231

Bronze

Post by adt231 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:56 am

BTW, that's a dream cycle. Do you mind PM'ing me your stats?

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:59 am

It's definitely UVA or UChi, and this seems like a decision that will be most easily sorted out by a visit to each. I've been to UVA, haven't been to Chicago, but from what I understand the cultures could not be more different. Neither is a wrong choice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”