WUSTL $$$ Vs. NU Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lushka

New

WUSTL $$$ Vs. NU

Post by lushka » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Shooting for big law, and would like to lateral out to something sports and entertainment related after a few years... So first of all do I go an extra 130K in debt to go to NU? secondly is it better for something sports and entertainment related or does that not matter anymore after working a few years in big law? Lastly, where would you most likely have to rank in your class from Wash U in order to trasnfer to a T10 school...

Thanks!!

bearsfan1

Bronze

Re: WUSTL $$$ Vs. NU

Post by bearsfan1 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:57 pm

I think the general rule of thumb is to not attend any law school with the intention of transferring. I know that's not exactly what you're asking here, but I don't know where you'd have to be to transfer. Anyways, WashU is a good school, there's a shit load of threads bouncing around that are all about WashU. I don't know if you've been to Chicago or STL, but they are two very different cities and I would encourage you to visit both before making your final decision.

blacklawboss

Silver

Post by blacklawboss » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:03 pm

lushka wrote:Shooting for big law, and would like to lateral out to something sports and entertainment related after a few years... So first of all do I go an extra 130K in debt to go to NU? secondly is it better for something sports and entertainment related or does that not matter anymore after working a few years in big law? Lastly, where would you most likely have to rank in your class from Wash U in order to trasnfer to a T10 school...

Thanks!!
Go to NU debt will be paid off. I recently met with an established Ent lawyer and he told me to get Big law exp if you can doing contracts and building reputation. You are only an Ent/sports lawyer when you have clients. And don't think about transferring

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:21 pm

If you're biglaw or bust you have to take NU.

FuManChusco

Silver

Post by FuManChusco » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:52 pm

BarbellDreams wrote:If you're biglaw or bust you have to take NU.

a little risky though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”