UF or FSU? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

UF or FSU

UF (at sticker)
64%
FSU (w/ 15k scholarship for one year)
36%

Total votes: 55

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Re: UF or FSU?

Post by FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:33 pm

I know its been said, but go to the one you liked more. There really isn't more to it than that.

Aberzombie1892

Gold

Post by Aberzombie1892 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:40 pm

mez06 wrote:Tax Law = UF. And this is coming from a Seminole UG
True, but OP would likely still need an LLM to be competitive. And, if the OP knows he is getting the LLM, why not go with the cheaper JD option?

Bill Cosby

Bronze

Post by Bill Cosby » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:03 pm

northwood wrote:OP- have you visited both schools? If you did, which one did you like/ feel most comfortable at? I would go to whatever school you like the best. If its a tie- wait for the final numbers to be available to you, and go to the one thats least expensive. Both are great choices, while UF has an edge in the state job wise. IF you are a state resident, then you will have state tuition at both.
I visited FSU and drove around UF/Gainesville for a bit (it was on a Saturday and was short on time). I liked the feel of Gainesville, but definitely liked FSU as well. I'm coming in from out-of-state, but planning to move down early enough so I'll classify for in-state for 2L and 3L.

ExpectLess

Bronze

Post by ExpectLess » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:11 pm

wesker wrote:tallahassee is a miserable place to spend 3 years
In a vacuum, this might not be a terrible statement. But in the context of this debate, WHAT?! He's deciding between the lesser of two evils here, and Tallahassee (as a city) is much, much the lesser.

(Nonetheless, I still voted UF.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”