Should I consider CU over Cornell and USC? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
FiveSermon

Gold

Re: Should I consider CU over Cornell and USC?

Post by FiveSermon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Danteshek wrote:
BruceWayne wrote:
jcunni5 wrote:Go to Cornell they just rocked the NLJ placement 58%, job in NYC > no job, then you can lateral to CO later or perhaps get a job in CO through targeted mailing or something
Is it really that easy? You know our OGI guide says that this sentiment is overplayed and not as simple as many students like to think.
It isn't easy at all. Lawyers in Colorado (and most other states, for that matter) will hometown you. Your decision to go to Cornell will be interpreted as a signal that you think that CU isn't good enough for you.
Yeah, people should definitely choose a school on Colorado instead of Yale if they want to practice in Colorado because going to Yale will be interpreted as a signal that you think that CU isn't good enough for you.

mapes

New

Post by mapes » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:26 pm

violinst wrote:What's more impressive is to go to Cornell and then choose to practice in CO. That's what employers in CO care.
that is what i was getting at too. you probably put it better than me.

jcunni5

Bronze

Post by jcunni5 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:29 pm

BruceWayne wrote:
jcunni5 wrote:Go to Cornell they just rocked the NLJ placement 58%, job in NYC > no job, then you can lateral to CO later or perhaps get a job in CO through targeted mailing or something
Is it really that easy? You know our OGI guide says that this sentiment is overplayed and not as simple as many students like to think.

i don't mean to suggest that it is very easy, i'm just suggesting that working in NYC won't foreclose you from ever going back to CO to work, but yeah like the one poster said ties to CO + Cornell >> going to CU

PAR12

New

Post by PAR12 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:32 pm

I am actually from LA and went to school in San Diego. Also, I have thought about going into politics after practicing and becoming a judge.

Thank you everyone for the insight.

whitman

Silver

Post by whitman » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:49 pm

PAR12 wrote:I am actually from LA and went to school in San Diego. Also, I have thought about going into politics after practicing and becoming a judge.

Thank you everyone for the insight.
It seems like it might be hard to get a job in Colorado with no ties then, if you go to Cornell or USC. Maybe I'm wrong, though. I am in a very similar situation. Considering CU, UW, Penn, GULC, Cornell, Texas, Vandy when I'd ideally like to work in Denver, Portland, Seattle, or California. My ties are all in the south.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”