LOYOLA CHICAGO - QUESTION Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
EgyptianPresident

New

Re: LOYOLA CHICAGO - QUESTION

Post by EgyptianPresident » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:25 pm

I'm not the reason people take on debt, because I would never dole out advice in areas where I have 0 experience (what you do). Also, as you can see in the original post, he has 1/2 scholarship and a rich family. So where am I inviting people to go into debt? Of course you shouldn't go into any law school not in the top 6 without some sort of scholarship or family to help with payments... You haven't shown any stats except for other TLS posters such as yourself. On the other hand I'm trying to give one person who seems to be able to afford law school regardless thats its not the worst decision in the world. If you want "stats" go ahead and look at the make up of cook county DA's office, judges around chicago, your "midlaw" firms (which don't exist in actuality). I know a partner at the biggest law firm in the world (uchicago) that said those types of schools aren't the kiss of death you'd make it out to be, as well as a judge (john marshall) who accepts clerks from these schools on a regular basis. Some people just need to step into reality and realize, especially in Chicago, that there are 0 jobs in any field (unless you have an MD), so if you want to be a lawyer and can pay for the degree, its just like any other job you could search for.

Kenny55Powers

New

Post by Kenny55Powers » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:13 am

BarbellDreams wrote:Once again your argument revolves around name calling and petty insults. You have yet to provide ANY stats or contradict any of my arguments. Good luck with this argument style post-grad, it should do wonders for you. I mentioned I only know 1 biglaw attorney, I also know multiple midlaw attorneys and a decent amount of PI/small law attorneys in the market. Thats all irrelevant to this argument as employment stats and the words of legal recruiters are all that matter. Ironically you have yet to put up any sort of fight against either of these arguments. You're comical, but the sad reality is YOU are the reason people on this board take out 6 figures for T2,TTT and TTTT schools because they come here for realistic advice and you fill their heads with this whole "You can be at median but if you REALLY want to be a lawyer and network a lot you can get a good 60-80k job in the second worst legal market in the US". Stats don't lie. Also, I'd heavily consider taking some sort of rhetoric classes before leaving law school, your current argument style which revolves around personal insults won't fly in a courtroom.
I highly doubt a recruiter from any reputable firm would post on here about employment prospects.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:29 am

Kenny55Powers wrote:
BarbellDreams wrote:Once again your argument revolves around name calling and petty insults. You have yet to provide ANY stats or contradict any of my arguments. Good luck with this argument style post-grad, it should do wonders for you. I mentioned I only know 1 biglaw attorney, I also know multiple midlaw attorneys and a decent amount of PI/small law attorneys in the market. Thats all irrelevant to this argument as employment stats and the words of legal recruiters are all that matter. Ironically you have yet to put up any sort of fight against either of these arguments. You're comical, but the sad reality is YOU are the reason people on this board take out 6 figures for T2,TTT and TTTT schools because they come here for realistic advice and you fill their heads with this whole "You can be at median but if you REALLY want to be a lawyer and network a lot you can get a good 60-80k job in the second worst legal market in the US". Stats don't lie. Also, I'd heavily consider taking some sort of rhetoric classes before leaving law school, your current argument style which revolves around personal insults won't fly in a courtroom.
I highly doubt a recruiter from any reputable firm would post on here about employment prospects.
There are CoA clerks and people from biglaw posting on here because they were former TLSers and are trying to help current students. Not sure why a legal recruiter wouldn't do the same.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”