Rejected, retake, reapply=in? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ElvisAaron

Bronze

Rejected, retake, reapply=in?

Post by ElvisAaron » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:55 pm

Has anyone out there successfully done it with HYS?

Knock

Platinum

Re: Rejected, retake, reapply=in?

Post by Knock » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:57 pm

ElvisAaron wrote:Has anyone out there successfully done it with HYS?
Do you mean a different cycle? If so, i'm sure it's happened. A rejection means you are done for that cycle though, they won't reconsider your application.

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:03 pm

Knock wrote:
Do you mean a different cycle? If so, i'm sure it's happened. A rejection means you are done for that cycle though, they won't reconsider your application.
Yeah thats what I mean. Debating doing it if I get dinged, seeing as my alternate plan was to go PT (4yrs) anyway..
Couldn't find anyone with a search or on LSN though..

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:08 pm

ElvisAaron wrote:
Knock wrote:
Yeah thats what I mean. Debating doing it if I get dinged, seeing as my alternate plan was to go PT (4yrs) anyway..
I think it's worth a shot, especially if you were planning to go PT anyways. What was your score, how did you practice for it, and will you have time to make a serious effort on upping your score?

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Knock wrote:
ElvisAaron wrote:
Knock wrote:
I think it's worth a shot, especially if you were planning to go PT anyways. What was your score, how did you practice for it, and will you have time to make a serious effort on upping your score?
4.0/171
PT avg was 175+ in Dec. Hit 180 twice.
I've started tutoring on the side since, and I'm better than ever. UG is complete as of next week, so I've def got the time...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:40 pm

Yeah man, with that GPA especially, I think it would be worth retaking and sitting out a cycle. I retook a 171, ended up canceling (averaged 176 on the first test, 177 on the one I canceled). But i'm sure you will do better than me. I know a couple of people who retook 170/171 and I think both are glad they did.

If you do sit out for a year, try and volunteer or otherwise strengthen your softs in some way.

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:18 pm

I'm sure plenty of people have held off for the retake...really would like to find someone who was rejected though and then made it in the next year. I wonder if that initial reject has some effect on the next cycle.. (?)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”