Scholarship at Loyola Chicago v. None American or GW Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
MochaLatte05

New

Scholarship at Loyola Chicago v. None American or GW

Post by MochaLatte05 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:22 am

So I've been offered a 50K scholarship at Loyola Chicago... but was accepted at American w/ no money , and on the waitlist at GWU.

My first thought is that if I get off the waitlist at GW, I'm definitely going... but what about the American v. Loyola choice? I'm interested in International Law, but is the degree from American (and higher ranking) worth $50K? I'm at a complete loss as to what to do...

Do you think American has enough pull to ignore the scholarship, or is Loyola moving up enough to give it a shot?

BarbellDreams

Gold

Re: Scholarship at Loyola Chicago v. None American or GW

Post by BarbellDreams » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:17 am

Both American and LUC are equally as difficult to get a job from. Go to the cheaper one unless you can retake (the best option). GW at sticker is scary stuff.

MochaLatte05

New

Post by MochaLatte05 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:00 am

At this point in the game, re-taking is not a option for most people (including myself).

I wrote this in the vain of comparing a scholarship at a regional school to no scholarship at a school that has more national reach.

BarbellDreams

Gold

Post by BarbellDreams » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:48 pm

American has no national reach, it really shouldn't even factor into your decision. If you are debt adverse go to LUC, if you are not go to GW. GW will surely give you a better shot at a job since the Chicago market for a T2 school is scary right now.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:13 pm

GW (if you get off WL) and enjoy debt, I guess. Go to Loyola Chi because it's cheaper. Your job search is gonna suck. TCR really is retake.

Also lol @ intl. law. Search for the over 9000 threads that rail on "intl. law" to see what I'm talking about. Or just wait and someone else is gonna rip on you for it.

Last bumped by MochaLatte05 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:13 pm.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”