Help Me Choose A West Coast School! Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
powerlawyer06

Bronze

Help Me Choose A West Coast School!

Post by powerlawyer06 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:30 pm

Last edited by powerlawyer06 on Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Grizz

Diamond

Re: Help Me Choose A West Coast School!

Post by Grizz » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:12 pm

Need more specific details about which schools and how much $

david.patel

New

Post by david.patel » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:36 pm

I would say go to the best school you get into regardless of $$. My friends at NYU cannot even find paid internships. If you go to Berkeley or Stanford you will have a much better shot at getting a job after graduation than if you went to a lesser school. The $20k is nothing in the big picture.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:37 pm

powerlawyer06 wrote:Alright here is my situation. I want to live and work on the west coast and it would be nice to stay around here for law school but that is not mandatory.

I refuse to live or go to school in the Northeast. I don’t care if “Big Law” is there, I rather die then spend a winter in the northeast.

I have a full ride to two top fifty schools on the west coast, also 20k per year to a top 20 in L.A. (think UCLA or USC), I am in at Berkeley (no money yet and I don’t expect any), and I am waitlisted at Stanford.

My number one goal is to work for “Big Law” in the west if that is possible.

Assuming I don’t get into Stanford….Should I pay sticker at Boalt? Should I take money for a top 20 in LA? Should I take the full scholarship at the T50? Should I go to one of my east coast/midwest T14 admits?

Any advice (except about moving to the northeast) is appreciated!

Stats: URM/167/3.96
How are you waitlisted at SLS? According to the decision date graph they don't start waitlisting until late March/early April.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/images/d ... anford.jpg

david.patel

New

Post by david.patel » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:42 pm

powerlawyer06 wrote:Alright here is my situation. I want to live and work on the west coast and it would be nice to stay around here for law school but that is not mandatory.

I refuse to live or go to school in the Northeast. I don’t care if “Big Law” is there, I rather die then spend a winter in the northeast.

I have a full ride to two top fifty schools on the west coast, also 20k per year to a top 20 in L.A. (think UCLA or USC), I am in at Berkeley (no money yet and I don’t expect any), and I am waitlisted at Stanford.

My number one goal is to work for “Big Law” in the west if that is possible.

Assuming I don’t get into Stanford….Should I pay sticker at Boalt? Should I take money for a top 20 in LA? Should I take the full scholarship at the T50? Should I go to one of my east coast/midwest T14 admits?

Any advice (except about moving to the northeast) is appreciated!

Stats: URM/167/3.96
Our stats are pretty similar except I'm not a URM. Is this the outcome that you anticipated?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:50 pm

Without knowing the particular law schools & scholarship offers, any advice offered is worth just about what you paid for it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”