Any reason to hold on to a safety school acceptance? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
masochist

Bronze

Any reason to hold on to a safety school acceptance?

Post by masochist » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:45 am

So, is there any reason to hold on to an acceptance at my safety school if I have received better offers from schools I prefer? The preferable offers are for a greater amount of money from higher ranked schools. I can’t think of a good reason, but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything before I mailed in my withdrawal form.

Fresh

Silver

Re: Any reason to hold on to a safety school acceptance?

Post by Fresh » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:54 am

No reason to hold on. It's a nice thing to do for other candidates who would love a spot at your safety choice

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:59 am

masochist wrote:So, is there any reason to hold on to an acceptance at my safety school if I have received better offers from schools I prefer? The preferable offers are for a greater amount of money from higher ranked schools. I can’t think of a good reason, but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything before I mailed in my withdrawal form.
I am in a similar situation, and I am even going to withdraw from schools that I have not received a decision from yet. I believe when stronger candidates withdraw, the pool weakens so everyone's chance improves however slightly for those still waiting.

masochist

Bronze

Post by masochist » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:38 pm

That is what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something big. Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”