Stetson vs. FIU?? Where to go? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
allie115

New

Stetson vs. FIU?? Where to go?

Post by allie115 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:39 am

So I am currently trying to decide between these two florida schools. Though Stetson is more established, it is also more expensive... way more expensive, and I have heard a lot of great things about FIU making major advancements and gaining some recognition since it is a new school. What do you all think? Though cost is a factor, I want to go somewhere that would benefit me the most in the long term and enable me to have a promising future. Any and all advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Concept

New

Re: Stetson vs. FIU?? Where to go?

Post by Concept » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:43 am

allie115 wrote:So I am currently trying to decide between these two florida schools. Though Stetson is more established, it is also more expensive... way more expensive, and I have heard a lot of great things about FIU making major advancements and gaining some recognition since it is a new school. What do you all think? Though cost is a factor, I want to go somewhere that would benefit me the most in the long term and enable me to have a promising future. Any and all advice is appreciated! Thanks!
I would go to FIU, pay the peanuts it charges in tuition (how much, $8,000 a year for Florida residents ?). Stetson isn't worth their price tag.

I don't know about the career opportunities of the law school. As its so new, I'm sure they're not the greatest if you end up in the middle of the class.

2Serious4Numbers

Bronze

Post by 2Serious4Numbers » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:44 am

"promising future"... Priceless

deadpanic

Silver

Post by deadpanic » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:45 am

most everyone is going to tell you to retake and try for FSU/UF.

if you are absolutely dead set between those two, FIU. Stetson is not even close to being worth sticker.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:48 am

If you are in state and allready living in Dade/ Broward County then FIU( You allready have a place to live, know the area and understand the high cost of living there). If you are out of state, then its a toss up. Either way, the consensus on this forum will be re take, aim for FSU or UF or maybe UM ( if you get good scholarship money). However, if you are dead set on going/ cant/wont retake, then i would go with FIU.

cheers

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”