GULC buyers remorse? AKA how bad are employment prospects Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Patriot1208

Platinum

Re: GULC buyers remorse? AKA how bad are employment prospects

Post by Patriot1208 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:28 pm

predent/prelaw wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:Predent, cia employees can't tell their relatives? That is a complete lie. When going through the hiring process you are told to keep it we quiet until you are hired. After you are hired you can put it on a survey or tell someone. Also, the number of gulc grads working jobs with top secret clearances is minimal so even if you weren't talking out your ass it wouldn't matter. GULC is lagging behind it's peers, there is no way to get around that fact.
You are so full of shit tell everyone you are applying and see what happens

Also why does it come down to federal clerkships and big law what about gov jobs?
Lol I have my ts, work for the doj, and went through several rounds of the interview process with the cia. You either watch to much tv or you are just being an asshole. Believe Me, nothing happens.
And why are the jobs most people want used as the measuring stick? well I'll let you think about that. But the good government jobs are extremely hard to get and go to only the top people at each school, gulc doesn't out place people in the doj.
Last edited by Patriot1208 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JakeL

Bronze

Post by JakeL » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:32 pm

predent/prelaw wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:Predent, cia employees can't tell their relatives? That is a complete lie. When going through the hiring process you are told to keep it we quiet until you are hired. After you are hired you can put it on a survey or tell someone. Also, the number of gulc grads working jobs with top secret clearances is minimal so even if you weren't talking out your ass it wouldn't matter. GULC is lagging behind it's peers, there is no way to get around that fact.

Also why does it come down to federal clerkships and big law what about gov jobs?
lol what? put the jack ryan novel down.

predent/prelaw

Bronze

Post by predent/prelaw » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:35 pm

yea you guys are right they don't care.....

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:42 pm

predent/prelaw wrote:yea you guys are right they don't care.....
No bro, you are right. Why didn't I take your stupid uninformed assertions as fact over my experience actually having gone through the process?

czelede

Silver

Post by czelede » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:59 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
predent/prelaw wrote:

Lol I have my ts, work for the doj, and went through several rounds of the interview process with the cia. You either watch to much tv or you are just being an asshole. Believe Me, nothing happens.
And why are the jobs most people want used as the measuring stick? well I'll let you think about that. But the good government jobs are extremely hard to get and go to only the top people at each school, gulc doesn't out place people in the doj.
+1

Went through the same process, have friends who work there now, etc etc. Patriot is 100% right.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

predent/prelaw

Bronze

Post by predent/prelaw » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:05 pm

There must be another way to bullshit GULC numbers!!

--ImageRemoved--
Last edited by predent/prelaw on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:09 pm

GULC is hurt considerably by its huge class sizes, and its lackluster firm placement relative to other top schools is as least partly a result of this. FWIW, though ,it does place at least twice as many of its students into govt and PI work as the rest of the T14, with the exception of PI heavy schools like Berk, Michigan and NYU. If you want PI/gov work, it still seems to be a pretty solid choice.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Marionberry wrote:GULC is hurt considerably by its huge class sizes, and its lackluster firm placement relative to other top schools is as least partly a result of this. FWIW, though ,it does place at least twice as many of its students into govt and PI work as the rest of the T14, with the exception of PI heavy schools like Berk, Michigan and NYU. If you want PI/gov work, it still seems to be a pretty solid choice.
I think the problem is that while it places much better in government there isn't any indication that this is true for the top government jobs like sec, doj, cia, ftc, etc

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:14 pm

How many GULCers got big law out of OCI 2009?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Marionberry

Silver

Post by Marionberry » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:17 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
Marionberry wrote:GULC is hurt considerably by its huge class sizes, and its lackluster firm placement relative to other top schools is as least partly a result of this. FWIW, though ,it does place at least twice as many of its students into govt and PI work as the rest of the T14, with the exception of PI heavy schools like Berk, Michigan and NYU. If you want PI/gov work, it still seems to be a pretty solid choice.
I think the problem is that while it places much better in government there isn't any indication that this is true for the top government jobs like sec, doj, cia, ftc, etc
True enough, but it's still gainful employment (and LRAP eligible, at that), and many if not most of them are probably decent jobs.

DAisaka09

New

Post by DAisaka09 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Last edited by DAisaka09 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:21 pm

Desert Fox wrote:How many GULCers got big law out of OCI 2009?
This would be interesting to know.

Stonewall

Bronze

Post by Stonewall » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:26 pm

bk187 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:How many GULCers got big law out of OCI 2009?
This would be interesting to know.
more than there will be this year. that is all.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

DAisaka09

New

Post by DAisaka09 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:28 am

Last edited by DAisaka09 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

FiveSermon

Gold

Post by FiveSermon » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:34 am

MrAnon wrote:This is what life is like for GULC grads today.

http://abovethelaw.com/2010/05/georgeto ... on-on-npr/

I imagine employment prospects are no better where you stand right now, without the law degree. However in that case I would not take on $180,000 worth of debt on the hope that things will be better for GULC grads in 3.5 years. The evidence is scant that they will be. People on here have been predicting recovery and hiring trends upward for years now but it just is not happening.
These articles would be soooo much more useful it these people told us how they ranked...

DAisaka09

New

Post by DAisaka09 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Last edited by DAisaka09 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

lmi

New

Post by lmi » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:07 pm

I don't think you are in any way guaranteed to get into a better school than GULC with your numbers. I think GULC is 50/50 at best (and if you apply next year, most likely a no-go). Therefore, unless you are really trying to get money from lower ranked schools next year, I think you should honor your ED contract, and rest easy knowing that people with similar (and probably better) numbers will also be paying sticker to go to GULC.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

alexonfyre

Bronze

Post by alexonfyre » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:55 am

Dude, GULC grads are too busy banging hot super models to answer a survey. If you were banging a hot super model would you stop to answer a survey? Gtown deflates its employment numbers though, because the adcomm wouldn't have time to do it if everyone knew how bitchin' your life is afterwards. Trust me, I know a guy.
Every president goes to classes there all the time. See: http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... ng-libya/1
Proven fact.

predent/prelaw

Bronze

Post by predent/prelaw » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:59 am

alexonfyre wrote:Dude, GULC grads are too busy banging hot super models to answer a survey. If you were banging a hot super model would you stop to answer a survey? Gtown deflates its employment numbers though, because the adcomm wouldn't have time to do it if everyone knew how bitchin' your life is afterwards. Trust me, I know a guy.
Every president goes to classes there all the time. See: http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... ng-libya/1
Proven fact.
I agree with this my cousins love child is in the NSA and he said hedge fund managers don't have shit on Gtown law grads when it comes to models and bottles. Also Gtown grads think big law is for losers they go right into F500 executive spots or run Ibanks with a degree from GULC they don't care if you majored in womens studies they know you can trade securities with the MIT finance asian prodigies .

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”