Nashville School of Law Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
stratocophic

Gold

Re: Nashville School of Law

Post by stratocophic » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:28 am

Me112233 wrote:
stratocophic wrote:
orangeswarm wrote:I'm pretty sure you can't get reciprocity because the Nashville School of Law isn't ABA Acred. Pretty sure NSL is only good for working in TN, and it isn't very good at that either.
I had an engineering professor who did some work with NSoL grads. He was not complimentary.

Let's see here, your ENGINEERING PROFESSOR did some work with NSL grads? and was unimpressed? I guess I must acquiesce on this one -- NSL does a poor job of preparing its students to be professional engineers, and, factually, very few NSL grads have ever passed the PE exam. (But it has happened.)
You've heard of patent law, yes? Exactly who would you logically expect to be handling a university's patent concerns other than an engineering professor?
--ImageRemoved--

somewhatwayward

Silver

Re: Nashville School of Law

Post by somewhatwayward » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:37 pm

Me112233 wrote:
pohboydomer wrote:Yes, another unaccredited law school is just the ticket.
Um, NSL was around BEFORE there was such a thing as ABA accreditation. Thus, NSL is not properly classified as "another unaccredited law school." More like the ABA is "another accrediting body" that is just the ticket. (No law school was accredited by the ABA prior to 1921.) Let's see here, I don't think NSL has ever had a consent decree issued against it for not being accredited (I'm not a lawyer, so my research skills are limited), yet, the ABA has had a consent decree isssued against it, along with a fine a few years later for violating that decree, for anti-trust violations specifically related to its accrediting practices. Surely the ABA wouldn't violate the law? At least the poets find justice in that.

Just realize that that the ABA also claimed that Darth Vader "You-don't-have-the-right-to-have-a-gun-in-your-own-house" Ginsberg was a “well qualified” lawyer who would understand the constitution and properly apply it in rendering decisions. And to think that she even went to one of those fancy ABA approved schools; yet she never learned how to read law, at least not at or above the kindergarten level. I mean, the constitution is the ultimate foundation of the law, right? Using the Supreme Court as a sampling unit, it seems that four out of nine lawyers (44%) that graduate from ABA accredited schools are literally unfit, as they cannot read sufficiently well enough to understand plainly written law. What part of “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed” don’t you ABA-approved graduates understand? Me thinks the whole accreditation deal is a wee bit overrated.
--ImageRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”