UNH full scholarship, DC employment bloodbath Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
androstan

Gold

UNH full scholarship, DC employment bloodbath

Post by androstan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:24 pm

My situation:

Accepted at AUWCL no $ offer yet, GMU no $ offer yet, UNH with full tuition. NOT a Virginia resident.

Hoping Dec. LSAT is high enough to splitter me (UGPA 2.9) into GWU PT and/or GULC (ED) PT.

I have been searching for a while and, besides the USPTO, I found ONE law firm hiring a chemical patent researcher/agent within 50 miles of DC. Kramer IP incidentally. Of course I applied, but without a Ph.D I'm not holding my breath.

Given that people are saying the DC job market is a "bloodbath", would it be better to just go to UNH without debt and get a patent attorney job in NH? I know they're TTT, but they place patent attorneys well, and their median salary compared to other TTT's is consistent with that.

I'm basically saying, if I don't get into GULC, then maybe a less competitive market without debt is a better idea?
Last edited by androstan on Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aqualibrium

Gold

Re: UNH full scholarship, DC employment bloodbath

Post by Aqualibrium » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:35 pm

androstan wrote:My situation:

Accepted at AUWCL, GMU, UNH with full tuition.

Hoping Dec. LSAT is high enough to splitter me (UGPA 2.9) into GWU PT and/or GULC (ED) PT.

I have been searching for a while and, besides the USPTO, I found ONE law firm hiring a chemical patent researcher/agent within 50 miles of DC. Kramer IP incidentally. Of course I applied, but without a Ph.D I'm not holding my breath.

Given that people are saying the DC job market is a "bloodbath", would it be better to just go to UNH without debt and get a patent attorney job in NH? I know they're TTT, but they place patent attorneys well, and their median salary compared to other TTT's is consistent with that.

I'm basically saying, if I don't get into GULC, then maybe a less competitive market without debt is a better idea?
Are you a VA resident? Did you get a scholarship from GMU?

androstan

Gold

Post by androstan » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:49 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:
androstan wrote:My situation:

Accepted at AUWCL, GMU, UNH with full tuition.

Are you a VA resident? Did you get a scholarship from GMU?
Not a VA resident.

WithoutMe

New

Post by WithoutMe » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:39 am

A job outside of new hampshire is possible as UNH places only 43% of its students in jobs in the northeast (conn, maine, new hamp, mass, rhode is, vermont)

androstan

Gold

Post by androstan » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:09 pm

WithoutMe wrote:A job outside of new hampshire is possible as UNH places only 43% of its students in jobs in the northeast (conn, maine, new hamp, mass, rhode is, vermont)
A sound point. Thus the issue at stake here is whether a TTT full ride is worth it considering that the T1's I'm accepted to are in one of the most crowded markets in the country.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”