Michigan: gay social life/dating? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
applepiecrust

Bronze

Michigan: gay social life/dating?

Post by applepiecrust » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:49 pm

So I was wondering if anyone knows what the gay social life and dating scene is like in Ann Arbor/at Michigan, particularly for women? (+ are the gay women attractive :p?)
Are there gay/gay-friendly bars and clubs? Are the Outlaws active?
It's probably too soon to start wondering about this, but any replies would be welcome!

applepiecrust

Bronze

Re: Michigan: gay social life/dating?

Post by applepiecrust » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:53 pm

Bump to say PM me if you don't want to reply here.

Also, what is Cornell like in the same respects? (And why are the two schools I am in at basically the only two T14 schools I don't already have LGB friends at?)

DukeCornell

Bronze

Post by DukeCornell » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:58 pm

:lol: Sweet!

James Bond

Gold

Post by James Bond » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:59 pm

DukeCornell wrote::lol: Sweet!
:? what?

woodson21

New

Post by woodson21 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:02 am

The LGBT community is very active in Ann Arbor and on campus in particular. that being said, michigan is notorious for having some of ugliest girls in the big ten......

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DukeCornell

Bronze

Post by DukeCornell » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:08 am

James Bond wrote:
Nothing. I love gay women!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wackyjack22

New

Post by wackyjack22 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:09 am

applepiecrust wrote:Bump to say PM me if you don't want to reply here.

Also, what is Cornell like in the same respects? (And why are the two schools I am in at basically the only two T14 schools I don't already have LGB friends at?)

I just PM'd you. But I'll post a few things here as well. A2 is pretty awesome when it comes to LGBT acceptance but the small size of the city makes for a somewhat small gay/lesbian scene. It is bigger than the lack of a scene that I'm accustomed to, but it certainly isn't LA, NYC, or SF.

wackyjack22

New

Post by wackyjack22 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:09 am

DukeCornell wrote:
James Bond wrote:

Me too!!!!

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:21 am

wackyjack22 wrote:
DukeCornell wrote:
James Bond wrote:

Me too!!!!
Yay, all the love for gay women makes me happy :p
It doesn't seem to be very common (unlike all the straight/gay/bi women who love gay guys).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:22 am

woodson21 wrote:The LGBT community is very active in Ann Arbor and on campus in particular. that being said, michigan is notorious for having some of ugliest girls in the big ten......
Seriously, ugly girls? That makes me sad. My undergrad has hot girls (if you like preppy/conventionally attractive, which I do, and not hipster/hippie/counter-culture).

wackyjack22

New

Post by wackyjack22 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:25 am

applepiecrust wrote:
woodson21 wrote:The LGBT community is very active in Ann Arbor and on campus in particular. that being said, michigan is notorious for having some of ugliest girls in the big ten......
Seriously, ugly girls? That makes me sad. My undergrad has hot girls (if you like preppy/conventionally attractive, which I do, and not hipster/hippie/counter-culture).

No love for the hipsters? GEEZ! You'll do well in the legal profession, soooo conventional! :)

DukeCornell

Bronze

Post by DukeCornell » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:27 am

Yay, all the love for gay women makes me happy :p
It doesn't seem to be very common (unlike all the straight/gay/bi women who love gay guys).
A gay guy would have to be super hot for me to love him in the same way, I mean super hot! Like He-Man meets Thundercats hot. :lol:

woodson21

New

Post by woodson21 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:29 am

applepiecrust wrote:
the hipster scene seems to be growing by the minute here, but the school and community is big enough to offer a little bit of everything.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:33 am

wackyjack22 wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:

No love for the hipsters? GEEZ! You'll do well in the legal profession, soooo conventional! :)
Yeah, I tried dating girls outside of my preppy undergrad confines, but everyone else is such a hipster!
Though I sometimes wonder if my 4 years here have turned me into a sheep. Oh well. Here's to a lifetime more of being a sheep! *bleat* (I am oddly excited about being a smart, well-trained sheep)

FlightoftheEarls

Silver

Post by FlightoftheEarls » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:06 am

applepiecrust wrote:
I don't know how the LGBT scene is for attractive women, but there are certainly attractive women in Ann Arbor from a male's perspective. This is also a perspective that is strongly biased by spending most of my life in AZ (and California), where dimes grow on trees. It's not quite home, but it sure isn't the disappointment it (the midwest) was rumored to be.

SupraVln180

Silver

Post by SupraVln180 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:55 am

Born,raised and live in NYC. I love hipster girls. I had a preppy girlfriend in HS, worst shit ever.

s0ph1e2007

Silver

Post by s0ph1e2007 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:56 am

this applies to every school that is harder to get into than another
Mich UGs would rather die than go to OSU

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:03 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
this applies to every school that is harder to get into than another
Mich UGs would rather die than go to OSU
Eh, Georgetown girls are hotter than GW girls. That's about all the comparative experience I have though.

invisiblesun

Bronze

Post by invisiblesun » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:06 am

Michigan definitely has a robust LGBT scene, but Ann Arbor is a well known hippie town, so you'll probably find way more hippie lesbians than preppy lesbians. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but perhaps your tastes will change :P

wackyjack22

New

Post by wackyjack22 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:40 am

invisiblesun wrote:Michigan definitely has a robust LGBT scene, but Ann Arbor is a well known hippie town, so you'll probably find way more hippie lesbians than preppy lesbians. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but perhaps your tastes will change :P

I know this might not be what the OP wanted to hear, but I'm super stoked about it. Michigan is my #1 choice based on the schools I've been accepted to thus far so a "robust LGBT scene" is certain to pull me further that way. I keep hearing better and better things about A2, I just want it to be March so I can visit already!

applepiecrust

Bronze

Post by applepiecrust » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:07 am

wackyjack22 wrote:
invisiblesun wrote:Michigan definitely has a robust LGBT scene, but Ann Arbor is a well known hippie town, so you'll probably find way more hippie lesbians than preppy lesbians. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but perhaps your tastes will change :P

I know this might not be what the OP wanted to hear, but I'm super stoked about it. Michigan is my #1 choice based on the schools I've been accepted to thus far so a "robust LGBT scene" is certain to pull me further that way. I keep hearing better and better things about A2, I just want it to be March so I can visit already!
Haha, why would I not want to hear others being stoked about the robust LGBT scene? A robust LGBT scene makes it so much better!
I want it to be March too!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wackyjack22

New

Post by wackyjack22 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:51 pm

applepiecrust wrote:
wackyjack22 wrote:

Haha, why would I not want to hear others being stoked about the robust LGBT scene? A robust LGBT scene makes it so much better!
I want it to be March too!
I was referring to you not being stoked about the hippies. I know there are at least a few pretty girls and I'd imagine there are quite a few. A2 is one of the cities ranked as the greatest places to live so smart sexy gay women will clearly have flocked there. Haha I can dream right?

CryingMonkey

Bronze

Post by CryingMonkey » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:24 am

applepiecrust wrote:So I was wondering if anyone knows what the gay social life and dating scene is like in Ann Arbor/at Michigan, particularly for women? (+ are the gay women attractive :p?)
Are there gay/gay-friendly bars and clubs? Are the Outlaws active?
It's probably too soon to start wondering about this, but any replies would be welcome!
my brother is/was some kinda grand high muckity muck organizer-type in outlaws, seemed to be fairly active from what i understand...or at least he always seemed to be stressed about having to get something done!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”