UVA (from DC to Charlottesville) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Platinum

Re: UVA (from DC to Charlottesville)

Post by 2014 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:00 am

sundance95 wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
sundance95 wrote:Yeah google maps can solve this...I personally like going down US 29, it's a much more enjoyable drive then taking 95 to Fredricksburg and cutting over, and takes 10-15 minutes longer. Watch for speed traps though.
whats a speedtrap?
Not sure if serious...it's where cops hide around bends or signs in the middle of nowhere in order to catch you speeding.
The 7-8 times I've driven 29 between c'ville and DC I've done the whole thing at 80 mph and have yet to see a cop. Am I just extremely fortunate?

sundance95

Gold

Re: UVA (from DC to Charlottesville)

Post by sundance95 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:03 am

2014 wrote:
sundance95 wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:
sundance95 wrote:Yeah google maps can solve this...I personally like going down US 29, it's a much more enjoyable drive then taking 95 to Fredricksburg and cutting over, and takes 10-15 minutes longer. Watch for speed traps though.
whats a speedtrap?
Not sure if serious...it's where cops hide around bends or signs in the middle of nowhere in order to catch you speeding.
The 7-8 times I've driven 29 between c'ville and DC I've done the whole thing at 80 mph and have yet to see a cop. Am I just extremely fortunate?
Yes...I was told by UVA staff that two counties in particular are notorious for writing tickets along route 29. Unfortunately, I can't recall which ones they were, I'm pretty sure it's the two before you reach Albemarle County.

Edit: I also personally saw four speed traps on the way down to Cville. It was a Friday evening and they may be out for DC getaway traffic.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”