How is ED treated differently at GW? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Tullstone

New

How is ED treated differently at GW?

Post by Tullstone » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:01 pm

Im not quite sure why these schools even have ED... but I am considering applying early to GW. Is the early application more competitive? Do they show favor on early applicants?

Patriot1208

Platinum

Re: How is ED treated differently at GW?

Post by Patriot1208 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:13 pm

ED is different at GW because the ED gives out full scholarships plus stipend for those that get it. It is definitely more difficult than the RD. And, it is usually given to people who could get into GULC or higher.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:17 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:ED is different at GW because the ED gives out full scholarships plus stipend for those that get it. It is definitely more difficult than the RD. And, it is usually given to people who could get into GULC or higher.
This. GW ED is highly competitive. It's not like ED at any other school at all.

Tullstone

New

Post by Tullstone » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:20 pm

So if scores are short of GULC, apply RD? I was under the impression that not everyone gets the stipend-scholarship.

Patriot1208

Platinum

Post by Patriot1208 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:22 pm

Tullstone wrote:So if scores are short of GULC, apply RD? I was under the impression that not everyone gets the stipend-scholarship.
If you want to go there and don't have scores well above median, then yes, apply RD.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:31 pm

I was curious about this awhile ago and emailed them asking for stats for ED admits. This is what they said:

"Thanks so much for your interest in GW Law.

Last year, the median GPA/LSAT for admitted early decision applicants was 3.84/169.

Just let us know if there is anything more you need. We are glad to help."

Anyone want to guess my chances of this with a 3.22 and 172 :(?

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:21 pm

I asked them if they would give me any advice on splitter chances based on their ED medians, and this is what they told me:

"Thanks so much for your message -- and sorry it's taken a while to get back to you. We've been inundated with calls and messages today.

As for early decision applications -- most successful applicants will have both a strong LSAT and a strong GPA. But every year, there are a number of early applicants who are admitted with just one strong number. Your entire application will be reviewed carefully, whether you apply early or not, so it's impossible to say one way or another based on "numbers" alone.

We wish you the best, and always be in touch if there is anything more you need."

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:25 pm

For the past few cycles GW has gotten ~900 applications for 25-35 ED spots. There were only a couple on TLS last year but i think every one of them had lsat and gpa above both medians, most above both 75%iles.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”