Do LSAT retakers have a chance for HYS/CCN? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
pppokerface

Bronze

Do LSAT retakers have a chance for HYS/CCN?

Post by pppokerface » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:12 pm

Lets say on your highest (3rd...?) score you do really well (as in 75% or higher) than the school's avg-do you have a shot? Or will having multiple scores hurt your chances? I only know that its generally ok for lower T14s. Thanks!

Na_Swatch

Bronze

Re: Do LSAT retakers have a chance for HYS/CCN?

Post by Na_Swatch » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:17 pm

Yes, as long as your final score is very good you'll have a great shot at CCN (these schools focus almost exclusively on your highest score) and a decent chance at HYS (still put higher focus on your best score).

For example, I know people with 3 LSAT scores, 2 below the 25th and one above the 75th at HLS.

mst

Silver

Re: Do LSAT retakers have a chance for HYS/CCN?

Post by mst » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:13 pm

Most of their admissions officers will say that they will average. I'm sure this isn't entirely the case, but your lower scores will have more of an effect with most of HYSCCN than with other schools. Granted, these schools still will look at your highest score, but don't expect that your 167, 166, 175 will be considered on par with another person who just got a 175. So to answer you question, yes it will hurt you. But take that with a grain of salt: It's still an awesome score and if the rest of your application is awesome it shouldn't matter too much.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”