UCLA Sticker vs USC 1/2$$ Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Aias

New

Re: UCLA Sticker vs USC 1/2$$

Post by Aias » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:11 pm

USC!!!
I had to make a similar decision last cycle (USC$75,000 v. UCLA$15,000), picked USC and could not be happier.

Kswizzie

Bronze

Post by Kswizzie » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:08 pm

PostHawk wrote:
Knockglock wrote:
PostHawk wrote:
Ginj wrote:"A Lawyer Walks into a Bar". Watch it.
+1
Is there anyplace I can watch this online for free?

If you have netflix it's on instant... if not you can probably download a torrent of it (though I in no way condone copyright infringement!)...
I love the part at the end... why does the California Bar insist on writing FAIL in big bold letters... they could try to let people off easy

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:10 pm

USC, seems clear to me.

JD=Doctor

Bronze

Post by JD=Doctor » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:03 am

GMVarun wrote:If and win these actually materialize, you can make a more informed decision then. From my experience, UCLA is very open to negotiating. They gave me nothing at first, or very close to no money(3k/yr), but I was able to get a lot of money from them eventually.. if I remember correctly around 20k/yr. I didn't apply to USC so I don't what power that has in leverage, but they essentially matched my UT. UCLA was one of the few schools that actually also gave me need aid. You should apply broadly for this reason and show them once you get these financial awards from other schools. These sort of hypotheticals without actual offers and financial decisions are stupid though - how do you know what schools are going to accept you/what they give you, etc. These will all influence how much UCLA will give you.

With that said, I think the difference between UCLA and USC is not worth 70k, but that depends in part in your appetite for risk and your flexibility location wise.

Hilarious! I can not believe I stumbled on my own old thread and it actually materialized to my current situation! Talk about coincidence....prophesy anyone?

Real Madrid

Silver

Post by Real Madrid » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:14 pm

USC and it's not even close.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”