Tennessee or Villanova? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
uncfletch2007

New

Tennessee or Villanova?

Post by uncfletch2007 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:07 am

I got into both schools and they are similarly ranked. I wanted to practice somewhere between Philly and North Carolina. I'm from the latter, I just don't know how well Tennessee places in North Carolina when battling Wake, Duke, and UNC. Any suggestions?

Modus Vivendi

New

Re: Tennessee or Villanova?

Post by Modus Vivendi » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:57 pm

This is actually the same choice I had to make during the Spring. I made my decision based a few reasons that were important to me specifically. I'm sure with the NC schools you'd have competition but its not like you wouldn't find competition in Philly from schools other than Villanova. They're both good schools with active law alumni bases from what I can tell. Since they're both largely regional I'd say give some more specific thought to where you want to end up working for the first job or so. Plus look at distinctions between the schools that are important to you, like does one have a clinical program that heavily interests you more than the other?

I will say this, a good number of my family lives and works in NC, but went to UT for school (some for law, some not) so its definitely possible to find UT alums working in NC (I've heard Charlotte is a big area for UT law grads). Hope this helps!

uncfletch2007

New

Post by uncfletch2007 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Thank you Modus. Honestly I think Charlotte or Atlanta is where I want to be. That is good to hear about Charlotte. Can anyone else reaffirm this? Anyone know of any UT's in Atlanta? Thanks again.

Generic20101L

Bronze

Post by Generic20101L » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:38 pm

Charolette or Atlanta you would be foolish to pick Nova over UT. Although the difference is not very large, I also think Tennessee has a bigger "name" than Nova.

Peekay80

New

Post by Peekay80 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm a big fan of Villanova Law,however, given your preferences for career location, Atlanta and Charlotte, I think you got to look at Tennessee all the way. Tennessee is not going to kick the door down for you in those cities either....but, you'll be closer (regionally) for networking, looking for summer employment, etc. Good Luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Durhamdude

New

Post by Durhamdude » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:34 pm

I would chose Villanova if you must go to law school this year. Otherwise, perhaps consider retake and reapplying (IMO that would be best).

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:37 pm

For ATL or Charlotte, TN, but don't be surprised if you have a hell of a time getting a job in either and end up working in TN

Generic20101L

Bronze

Post by Generic20101L » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Nashville is a cooler city than Atlanta, IMO. Never been to Charlotte but would much rather live in Nash than ATL. Nash would be much easier with a UT degree than Char or ATL IMO. Edit: Or retake and do a little bit better on the LSAT and apply to UNC, UGA, and Emory.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”