Can I/Should I visit over the summer? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
pjo

Silver

Can I/Should I visit over the summer?

Post by pjo » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:31 am

Just wondering what ppl think about visiting some schools over the summer? I was going to go visit 5 or 6 schools next week. They're about 6-10 hours away from my home fwiw. I should get into most of them except for the one reach school which I plan to ED (hence why I want to see it before I ED to make sure I don't absolutely hate it). Also, my Dad is going to help me pay some of my law school and this is the only time when we could both go look at schools together. (I know ppl say don't bring your parents, but he is helping me pay and he basically will just stay in the shadows, he won't ask many questions if any, he just wants to see where his money is going). Obviously classes aren't in session but is it worth visiting now? Will the schools even be open for me to go into and look around? How about on the weekend? Should I contact admissions or the school and let them know I'm coming to look? Thanks for the help.

romothesavior

Diamond

Re: Can I/Should I visit over the summer?

Post by romothesavior » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:33 am

Wait until the fall. There is nothing to see there over the summer.

Go after you have applied and sit in on a class, talk to a prof, talk to an adcomm, and tour the campus.

And get drunk.

LoyolaLaw2012

Bronze

Re: Can I/Should I visit over the summer?

Post by LoyolaLaw2012 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:50 am

You should visit after applying. Also, make sure you call to make an appointment with the school. Schools are still running during the summer, so there shouldn't be a problem landing a tour. Showing the school that you are serious about attending is always a good idea. However, it will probably not benefit you to visit before you have even applied.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”