Opinions on University of Oregon Law School? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Bearlegdairy

Bronze

Opinions on University of Oregon Law School?

Post by Bearlegdairy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:16 am

I have a 3.9 GPA from UCLA and got a 160 on the LSAT. I'm going to retake it since I know that I can do better, but at the same time I'm really intrigued by the University of Oregon. Apparently they've got a very good environmental law program, which is something I've been considering, and I've always wanted to live in Oregon. (I like trees)

It is ranked 80th in the nation, however, and with an increase of just a few points (I had a really stressful morning on the day of the LSAT and scored lower than any of my practice tests) I'd a good chance at a number of schools in the top 25. Of course this will be a moot point if I bomb my second LSAT, but I know that I can get into higher ranked schools.

tl;dr: Will a law degree from the University of Oregon be competitive against schools in the top 25? Or will I be shooting myself in the foot if I choose to attend this school and not some of the more prestigious universities?

kalvano

Diamond

Re: Opinions on University of Oregon Law School?

Post by kalvano » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:20 am

It won't be competitive against T25 schools.

A better question is why UofO instead of L&C? They tend to do much better in that market don't they?

expat

New

Re: Opinions on University of Oregon Law School?

Post by expat » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:36 am

kalvano wrote:It won't be competitive against T25 schools.

A better question is why UofO instead of L&C? They tend to do much better in that market don't they?
This. L&C>>>UofO. The fact that you want environmental law just makes the gap larger. Plus, living in Portland is worlds apart from living in Eugene, which is a nice city in and of itself but is surrounded on all sides by cows and rednecks.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”